is it a dumb decision to trade in my launch Xbox One for an Xbox One S

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. is it a dumb decision to trade in my launch Xbox One for an Xbox One S

User Info: Romulox28

Romulox28
3 months ago#1
i'd trade it in with my kinect & two controllers i bought at launch for a shiny new One S and an extra controller, probably get Destiny 2 as well
A Green Butter Alt(TM)
http://i.imgur.com/LhwwG.gif

User Info: robdisco

robdisco
3 months ago#2
Xbox One S is worth it IMO. Destiny 2, however, will never touch my Xbox due to the awful way Bungie started handling their DLC/Expansions from TTK onward...
I prefer to just play video games rather than worry about which platform/s they release on or how many pixels are on the screen.

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
3 months ago#3
XB1S is a really solid piece of tech compared to the original XB1. If it's not costing you extra money go for it.

User Info: Romulox28

Romulox28
3 months ago#4
Mario786 posted...
XB1S is a really solid piece of tech compared to the original XB1. If it's not costing you extra money go for it.

Yea it looks cool and my OG Xbox is kind of loud, has trouble connecting on my apartment's wifi, and the power brick is annoying because it doesn't really fit behind the TV stand. I was looking to upgrade with a nicer console and also refresh my controllers, since the original ones are pretty bad (poor quality, crappier bumpers, etc).

I'm thinking I can trade in my Xbox and controllers for like $100~ and then spend a $100 gift card, and the rest I'd pay out in cash, so probably $100 for the whole kit

robdisco posted...
Xbox One S is worth it IMO. Destiny 2, however, will never touch my Xbox due to the awful way Bungie started handling their DLC/Expansions from TTK onward...

I never played Destiny 1 but I looooooooove loot games
A Green Butter Alt(TM)
http://i.imgur.com/LhwwG.gif

robdisco
3 months ago#5
Romulox28 posted...

robdisco posted...

Well, I hope yours is the only profile that you will want to have access to any of the content because Bungie limits it solely to the account that purchased the DLC or redeemed the code... No other Gamertags (even on the SAME CONSOLE) can play it without purchasing their own copy...
I prefer to just play video games rather than worry about which platform/s they release on or how many pixels are on the screen.

User Info: Tamass18

Tamass18
3 months ago#6
I mean at this point I'd suggest just saving up a little more and getting a 1X in a few months. They S is nice especially if you're in the market for a 4K Blu Ray but at this point I feel you'd get a better investment out of the 1X

User Info: psnshade71

psnshade71
3 months ago#7
robdisco posted...
Romulox28 posted...

robdisco posted...

Well, I hope yours is the only profile that you will want to have access to any of the content because Bungie limits it solely to the account that purchased the DLC or redeemed the code... No other Gamertags (even on the SAME CONSOLE) can play it without purchasing their own copy...

I gameshare all of mine and have since day one.
M'aiq is tired now, go bother someone else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIhaQgd1Iqs

User Info: CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII
3 months ago#8
if you are trading in anyway tc. why not get the X.. ..
I am most excited for KingdomHearts3, FinalFantasyVIIRemake, NiNoKuni2, DeathStranding, SeaOfThieves, DragonQuestXI, RDR2, GodOfWar, SpiderMan, SoTC

robdisco
3 months ago#9
psnshade71 posted...
robdisco posted...
Romulox28 posted...

robdisco posted...

Bulls***. The base game and first two expansions are shareable but from The Taken King onward is not. I've been round and round with both Bungie and Xbox Support for the past three days on this. Bought TTK for my son to play under my account and he can't access under his. Defeats the whole purpose of parental controls if my account needs to be logged in for him to access it...

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
3 months ago#10
robdisco posted...
psnshade71 posted...
robdisco posted...
Romulox28 posted...

robdisco posted...

Bulls***. The base game and first two expansions are shareable but from The Taken King onward is not. I've been round and round with both Bungie and Xbox Support for the past three days on this. Bought TTK for my son to play under my account and he can't access under his. Defeats the whole purpose of parental controls if my account needs to be logged in for him to access it...

Is the Xbox set as your home Xbox? I don't remember having this issue with my fiancé before she bought it herself.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. is it a dumb decision to trade in my launch Xbox One for an Xbox One S

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived