Tomb Raider is NATIVE 4K on Xbox X

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Tomb Raider is NATIVE 4K on Xbox X

User Info: TrickyPony

TrickyPony
2 months ago#51
SigmaLongshot posted...
You can exhibit all the elitist pomp and superiority complex you like, but facts are facts, no matter how you dress them up. One number is significantly higher than the other number, and higher numbers are better - a logic Quincy himself has utilised many times, when "no, but but" tactics were employed against his chosen cause/team before.

The Xbox One X is, factually, the superior console in terms of power. And as the known trolls here say, power most definitely matters.

I feel like you should preface this, like by adding "only if you're among the 'refined' gamer types.
This topic is taking the word s*** bucket to a whole 'nother level!!!!
-Sasquatch8080

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
2 months ago#52
TrickyPony posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
You can exhibit all the elitist pomp and superiority complex you like, but facts are facts, no matter how you dress them up. One number is significantly higher than the other number, and higher numbers are better - a logic Quincy himself has utilised many times, when "no, but but" tactics were employed against his chosen cause/team before.

The Xbox One X is, factually, the superior console in terms of power. And as the known trolls here say, power most definitely matters.

I feel like you should preface this, like by adding "only if you're among the 'refined' gamer types.

I don't think anyone would make such a moronic statement unironically.
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.

User Info: InjusticeReborn

InjusticeReborn
1 month ago#53
Wow. Sigma. Hope you don't do time for that. :-/
Currently playing: Borderlands (PS3)

User Info: BigOW

BigOW
1 month ago#54
quincy2000a posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
XBOX has as less native 4k titles as the PS4 Pro so far kiddo.

That's exactly what I've been saying...

Both the Pro and the X1X will have checkerboarding and sub 4k/60fps titles...due to the extra development time and the extra $100, there will be less of it on the X1X...they're in the same boat...slightly better seating with the X1X, but it's the same boat...

I agree completely the X1X is a far superior piece of hardware. Sony has woken a sleeping giant.

User Info: archibald3

archibald3
1 month ago#55
SigmaLongshot posted...
quincy2000a posted...
AgentLocke posted...
quincy2000a posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

That's exactly what I've been saying...

Both the Pro and the X1X will have checkerboarding and sub 4k/60fps titles...due to the extra development time and the extra $100, there will be less of it on the X1X...they're in the same boat...slightly better seating with the X1X, but it's the same boat...

Lmao. This post from the guy who's been bragging about PS4's better hardware for the last three years. Too f***ing funny.

Extra development time? Your own link mentioned it barely takes any time at all.

Remember that battlefront thing Quincy always likes bringing up? The one he has posted here at least 100 times?

"Star Wars: Battlefront Runs At 900p Resolution on PS4, a Blurry 720p on Xbox One"

Let's play that with another EA Shooter

Titanfall 2 on PS4 pro, 1440p

Titanfall 2 on Xbox 1 X, 3200p

Yep... Same boat Quincy. :-)

The reading comprehension you continue to display is astounding...read it slowly, hopefully you'll catch it this time...

BOINNNGGG!

Yup, same mid 8th gen boat...complete with checkerboarding and sub 4k/60fps...

The irony can't be lost on you though, that you've spent an inordinate, almost ungodly amount of time on here condescending others through your overzealous use of ellipses, italics, and berating over how a marginally more powerful console "makes a world of difference", and then saying "we're in the same boat entirely" when an incrementally more powerful console comes along.

Prattle on all you wish about having no bias - we're all guilty of taking favourites, myself included (and admittedly, the Xbox is my chosen go-to primary console solely for controller, infrastructure and friend-base) - but saying that an edge in power is meaningful when it's Sony, then meaningless when it's Microsoft... that's just flat-out hypocrisy.

I'd find it refreshing if you'd just admit that you dislike it when your less-preferred manufacturer (Microsoft) has the significant power edge now, as the Xbox fans have accepted that the PS4 had the power edge with their base console for the past four years.

Well said, but he's completely lost himself in brand warriorism. These consoles are nothing more than sophisticated toys. He is relegated at this point to 2 schtiks, their in the same boat, which is absurdly hypocritical as you pointed out, and a year more development, which i've pointed out as false with direct quotes from Sony saying they started development before anybody else back around the start of the gen. Reality has ceased to matter to his agenda.
Arch.

User Info: pOtEmKiN_1914

pOtEmKiN_1914
1 month ago#56
meetmenow posted...
psnshade71 posted...
meetmenow posted...
psnshade71 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

I have the pro. There are zero native 4k games on it.

This is how you spot a lying troll

http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1289840

That was really ugly to say. I don't play cross platform games I just got it for a couple of exclusives. Mainly no mans sky and horizon zero dawn, neither of which is native. I wasn't really thinking about anything past what I play on it sorry. Regardless my one x will still be better and have a 4k bluray player like my s does already so I'm good. Putting you back on ignore now and thanks to whoever quoted this or I would never have seen it.

Lmao when you catch a lying troll and they put you on ignore to get out of their lies!

This.
You're either The New NEXUS or you're against Us

User Info: robert_rangersu

robert_rangersu
1 month ago#57
n00bsaib0t posted...

"has as less"
PC, Xbox One, PS4 Pro.

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
1 month ago#58
quincy2000a posted...
yawn...

https://mspoweruser.com/list-games-run-better-xbox-one-x-playstation-4-pro/ e:ra

Look at that list. Both Checkerboard and Dynamic Resolution boxes. So much for "True 4k". I'll take the far superior library any day.

Now if Microsoft would've made this thing a "True 4k" beast, like they claimed, that would've been worth bragging about but comparing Checkerboards and calling one superior and a beast... really??? All Native 4k would've been a beast. Not this.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ygN7IoCni75GU/giphy.gif

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#59
Laylow12 posted...
Now if Microsoft would've made this thing a "True 4k" beast, like they claimed

It's not microsoft's fault you don't know the difference between "true 4k" and "native 4k". You would only be correct if the phrasing meant native 4k resolution.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: RetroGamerX

RetroGamerX
1 month ago#60
Laylow12 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
yawn...

https://mspoweruser.com/list-games-run-better-xbox-one-x-playstation-4-pro/ e:ra

Look at that list. Both Checkerboard and Dynamic Resolution boxes. So much for "True 4k". I'll take the far superior library any day.

Now if Microsoft would've made this thing a "True 4k" beast, like they claimed, that would've been worth bragging about but comparing Checkerboards and calling one superior and a beast... really??? All Native 4k would've been a beast. Not this.

Digital Foundry have fallen for the X in a big way after hands on with the production units:

Digital Foundry - Xbox One X towers above PS4 Pro in performance

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-hands-on-with-xbox-one-x-at-gamescom-2017

and especially this:

Just like Sony, Microsoft has left the door open to developers to do what they want with the hardware, but certainly based on the titles we've seen so far, the delineation between the two models looks far more clear cut - Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen

seems a lot of people who preordered this beast have made the right choice.
Selling my PS4 for the almighty 'X'
"Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen" source: Digital Foundry
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Tomb Raider is NATIVE 4K on Xbox X

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived