Fallout 4 DLC any good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Fallout 4 DLC any good?

User Info: Game__Raider

Game__Raider
3 months ago#1
So I bought Fallout 4 on release and for some reason just never got hooked. I maybe put 20 hours into it before stopping and then moved on. My backlog is so huge right now, and I feel like I need to do something to eliminate some games off it. It has to be 20 games long.

I'm curious, with the Bethesda sale going on right now, is Nuka World or Far Harbor worth the money? I figured maybe if I bought some of the DLC it could reinvigorate my interest and I would be more inclined to start it up again. The other add-ons within the season pass don't seem worth it, so I'm really only interested in the big expansions.

User Info: knight1014139

knight1014139
3 months ago#2
Absolutely worth it. The DLC saved the game for me, meaning without the DLC, I would have never have played the base game again. Far Harbor is great and so is Nuka World.
XBL Gamertag: TheRevan Lord
https://youtu.be/goyZmicZkDQ

User Info: Game__Raider

Game__Raider
3 months ago#3
knight1014139 posted...
Absolutely worth it. The DLC saved the game for me, meaning without the DLC, I would have never have played the base game again. Far Harbor is great and so is Nuka World.

Cool. I still haven't finished Fallout 4 or The Witcher 3, but I already own all the DLC for TW3. The only game I am even slightly interested in before October is Destiny 2 (which I'm on the fence for) so I thought now would be a good time to clear the backlog.

Having some good DLC to pique my interest again might bring me back to Fallout 4. I feel bad that I never even really scratched the surface on it.

User Info: omescythe

omescythe
3 months ago#4
the other dlc is worth it depending on your interest in settlement building.

automatron gets you a few quests, a new workshop base, and customized robot companions.

vault tech gets you mini quests, a large underground settlement building area.

contraptions settlement based get you machinery to take junk and make your items like ammo.

wastland settlement based gets you ablity to capture creatures like deathclaws to use like a companion.

depending on the price getting the season pass should be well worth it even if your not that interested in the other dlc besides nuke world and far harbor.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Fallout 4 DLC any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived