You ever go back and get old games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. You ever go back and get old games?

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
3 months ago#11
T3CHN0 posted...
You only own a xbox.

Well that would be true except that I've owned every major console going back to the NES except the Wii U, and I currently have two gaming caliber PCs.
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!

User Info: T3CHN0

T3CHN0
3 months ago#12
CapwnD posted...
T3CHN0 posted...
You only own a xbox.

Well that would be true except that I've owned every major console going back to the NES except the Wii U, and I currently have two gaming caliber PCs.

Really? All right my bad, bro. I take it back, sorry.

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
3 months ago#13
T3CHN0 posted...
CapwnD posted...
T3CHN0 posted...
You only own a xbox.

I did have to skip the Wii U, I really didn't get into the Wii motion controls and Nintendo went from my favorite console with the N64 to my least favorite with the Gamecube and Wii. Had to buy a switch because Zelda.
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!

User Info: T3CHN0

T3CHN0
3 months ago#14
CapwnD posted...
T3CHN0 posted...
CapwnD posted...
T3CHN0 posted...
You only own a xbox.

I did have to skip the Wii U, I really didn't get into the Wii motion controls and Nintendo went from my favorite console with the N64 to my least favorite with the Gamecube and Wii. Had to buy a switch because Zelda.

Haha yea I feel you! I skipped the Wii U as well though was really tempted to get it because it had some good exclusives. I'll probably go the Switch route like you; seems leagues above the Wii U.

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
3 months ago#15
I have somewhere around a dozen remasters, which are all older games. Picked up a bunch of the games that became BC as well.

I also still have my NES, SNES, Genesis and PS1 so I still play those old games if that counts lol.
Long live machine, The future supreme..
Man overthrown, Spit out the bone..

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
3 months ago#16
All the time. I don't understand people who only buy new games.
Hell, I just bought a Nintendo DS Lite a few weeks ago.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
3 months ago#17
Game_Fan09 posted...
I'm actually considering buying a ps3 soon because I never had one last gen and missed out on games like GoW3, MGS 4, and Heavy rain. The consoles can be found as low as the price of a new game and i'm not seeing too many game I want this fall so i'll probably get the ps3 soon.
Both GoW3 and Heavy Rain are out on PS4, in case you have one of those. :-)

And yes, I buy old games all the time. Part because I love to collect games as an adult (never had the option as a kid, sadly), and part because I love to replay old games I grew up with. And part because let's face it, great games are timeless anyway. How can anyone in their right mind say games like Super Metroid, Super Mario World or Donkey Kong are "outdated"? (and that's Donkey Kong, not Donkey Kong Country.)

As a huge fan of Final Fantasy 3 - 9 and Dragon Quest 1 - 9, I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 4 - 6 and Dragon Quest 2 - 6 (already finished DQ1 on the iPad) on my iPad. All works really well, and have stood the test of time. After that, I'll probably go with Secret of Mana, again on my iPad. Unless they start to release Lufia-games on iOS. Then I'll stack up on tv-dinners, redbull and candy, and lock myself in my bedroom a couple of months. Lol.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~

User Info: dweeeeb2

dweeeeb2
3 months ago#18
just got red dead redemption today...
XBL/PSN GT: dweeeeb

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
3 months ago#19
AttackOnTitan posted...
Jamin posted...
Are games from last year really "old"? I thought the topic was going to be about 360 games. I bought JC2 during the spring sale.

I mean its all up to the person right, "old games" are just games that released already.

I respectfully disagree that something is old as soon as it's released. I get what you're saying though.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: John-Dana

John-Dana
3 months ago#20
On wensday I picked up Supreme Commander for the 360.
Always, ALWAYS have a backup plan. If that fails, have a backup-backup plan. If that fails...
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. You ever go back and get old games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived