Weird Party Chat issues

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Weird Party Chat issues

User Info: gvamp

gvamp
2 months ago#1
Over the past several weeks when I play with one of my good friends on Xbox we've been expeirencing weird party chat issues for the longest time when I would talk a few seconds later I'd get echo basically in my headset. I'm not sure what to call it but after a few seconds of talking what I would say would come back through my headset.

Last night I wasn't getting any echo but instead when my friend would talk a few words would come through and then it'd break up. The best way I could describe it is trying to talk on a cell phone when you're in a very bad service area.

I'm not sure if the issue is on my end or his I do know though that when he had the headset that used to come with the Xbox One we didn't have these issues.

If it matters I'm using the Turtle Beach Elite 800x and he's using some Polk Audio that he won from Mt. Dew when they where giving away the Xbox One back in 2013.

I'll find out the exact headset he has from him and post it here.

Another thing is I'm in Michigan and he's in California not sure if that'd make a difference or not. I know he doesn't have chat issue with another mutual friend we have that also lives in California just me.
Proud owner of the following systems Xbox 360, Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, New 3DS XL, Wii U, Switch and a Gaming PC. Soon the Xbox One X

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
2 months ago#2
Have you both tried doing a hard reset?

TV volume is turned down?

Some headsets have pretty sensitive mics, and loud cans so maybe the echo and interference is from that.

Some controllers can suck, have you tried different controllers?

This is very unlikely the problem, but Is somebody using wired controllers? Wired controllers or anything wired with your controller or headset can cause a hum (that's why Toslink optical is nice, no metal to metal connection so no ground loop hum).

Next I would look at the network issues, more than one Xbox on the same network? Using a gateway or gateway + router instead of a modem + router?
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!

gvamp
2 months ago#3
My volume is turned down completely I'm not sure about my friend's. As far as I know we're both using the Elite controller.

I found out my friend is using the the Polk Melee which you can see the specs of by searching Amazon. I tried linking the Amazon listing but the URL is too big.

I think he said he has it plugged in directly to the controller.
Proud owner of the following systems Xbox 360, Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, New 3DS XL, Wii U, Switch and a Gaming PC. Soon the Xbox One X

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
2 months ago#4
I googled Polk Audio Melee echo and got a bunch of results, but I imagine you might get that same result with any headset + echo.

I found this, I can't watch it from this computer but it may help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcNzdzR1dAI
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!

gvamp
2 months ago#5
Thanks I'll just posted that link to my friend so hopefully that fixes our issues. The echo wasn't bad the other night when we played but every time he spoke it'd break up. The best way I'd describe it is that someone talking on a cell phone that has no reception.

Also I don't think he's using the stereo headset adaptor. I'm 99% sure he's plugging the aux cord into the aux port on the Elite controller.

My headset is completely wireless.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Weird Party Chat issues

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived