Now able to pick alternate ports for Xbox Live, great for multi xbox owners

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Now able to pick alternate ports for Xbox Live, great for multi xbox owners

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
3 months ago#1
I'm not sure when it started, but I have OS version 10.0.16281.1000 and it's letting me choose what port to connect to Xbox Live through. So if you have multiiple xbox Ones, you could choose a port other than 3074 for one of them, and connect through that and the other xbox should be fine on 3074. Or if you have a 360, you can leave that on 3074 and connect the Xbox One through a different port.

This is great! I need to rewrite my guide/post about multiple xboxes on the same network, this changes everything and makes it possible for everyone, even people with routers that didn't support multiple xboxes, to get all their Xboxes online on the same network with no problems (should be no problems).
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!

User Info: robdisco

robdisco
3 months ago#2
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. When my XB1X arrives I'll have two XB1s and a 360 all on my network.
I prefer to just play video games rather than worry about which platform/s they release on or how many pixels are on the screen.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 months ago#3
Don't modern Routers already do this?
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
3 months ago#4
agentspoon posted...

Yeah, we have never had an issue with an XB1 and two 360s in my house. Not sure why that other guy can't have his on at once.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

CapwnD
3 months ago#5
agentspoon

The device itself was expecting port 3074. So the router forwards the traffic to port 3074, and in the router you can forward only one port to one device. So if you have multiple xboxes, you would have to rely on UPNP to figure it out automatically. And not all routers would do that the same. Some would be flawless (like the Asus RT-AC66U and RT-AC88U) and some would pretty much work, and some would have more difficulty. There was no one answer, no one model or brand of router. I have a post about all that here:
http://s1.zetaboards.com/FewGoodMen/topic/4258282/1/

I'll have to update that post, but it's still relevant to the 360 since you can't change the ports on the 360.

CapwnD
3 months ago#6
n00bsaib0t
Yeah, we have never had an issue with an XB1 and two 360s in my house. Not sure why that other guy can't have his on at once.

No, modern routers do not have the ability to fix this issue. IPv6 should fix the issue but even with routers that have that enabled, and the ISP supports it, those same routers that didn't do it correctly with IPv4 wouldn't make a difference with IPv6.
This might actually solve the problem I've been having from having both a 360 and an Xbox One hooked up at the same time.

How do you access this option?
"If God were suddenly condemned to live the life which he has inflicted on man, he would kill himself"

User Info: kryptin

kryptin
3 months ago#8
Great, I don't understand why it took so long to add this option.
Gamertag: kryptin - http://www.trueachievements.com/Kryptin.htm
Currently Playing: Resident Evil Revelations (X1)

CapwnD
3 months ago#9
Geist des Durcheinan
This might actually solve the problem I've been having from having both a 360 and an Xbox One hooked up at the same time.

How do you access this option?

If you have the update. I don't think it's out of preview yet.

If you have that OS version, it's in the Network settings, I think it's in the "advanced" section.

User Info: Vacka

Vacka
3 months ago#10
Can I port forward using this?
Superman is my hero!
Me? Always the smartest guy in the room
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Now able to pick alternate ports for Xbox Live, great for multi xbox owners

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived