With X1X surpassing the PC in performance and power...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. With X1X surpassing the PC in performance and power...

User Info: asmodai48

asmodai48
3 months ago#11
CommonSense posted...
asmodai48 posted...
RandomUltra posted...
CommonSense posted...
RandomUltra posted...
You can also use a PC to play all MS exclusive titles

Why get a PC when you can get better performance for half the price?

Well other than to write a book report.

Because you want the best and you can afford it

The best is X1X. Cheaper, faster, stronger, and it fits under your TV.

It's your choice though. I only state facts and those can't be toiled with.

Nope. Fantastic value for the money but not the best.

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
3 months ago#12
This topic is silly. Let's see, there are PC's with powerful processors and 4 nvidia titan xp GPU's.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 months ago#13
I have never understood the logic into putting time and money in to the PC version when its only gonna be at most five percent of your sales. Yes, make the PC version but dont add bells and whistles.

It seems Devs are thinking this way as well.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Masamune_6969

Masamune_6969
3 months ago#14
robert43s posted...
This topic is silly. Let's see, there are PC's with powerful processors and 4 nvidia titan xp GPU's.

True. I think there are barely any PC's like that anywhere though. Prolly less than 10 in the whole world lol.

Most people if they have a high end PC right now just have a single 1080ti or single titan xp. That's most, but then some have those but dual cards (sli), but there are way fewer of those guys.

Also not many games can even take advantage of quad gpu's, most games only work with one or two cards. X1X will be best for the majority of people but as PC is always getting new cards, X1X will only be legit competition for a few months.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
3 months ago#15
X1X surpassing PC.

Nice try. I did get a chuckle.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

Beasthunt
3 months ago#16
Masamune_6969 posted...
robert43s posted...

True. I think there are barely any PC's like that anywhere though. Prolly less than 10 in the whole world lol.

Most people if they have a high end PC right now just have a single 1080ti or single titan xp. That's most, but then some have those but dual cards (sli), but there are way fewer of those guys.

Also not many games can even take advantage of quad gpu's, most games only work with one or two cards. X1X will be best for the majority of people but as PC is always getting new cards, X1X will only be legit competition for a few months.

An older PC with a 970 in it matches the X1X with relative ease and with much better settings. My 2 year old GPU absolutely smashes the X1. This thread is nothing more than an echochamber of ignorance. SLI works great in many games. Not many do not support SLI. I never cared for SLI myself but it works more often than not.

It's funny,but sad.

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
3 months ago#17
agentspoon posted...
I have never understood the logic into putting time and money in to the PC version when its only gonna be at most five percent of your sales. Yes, make the PC version but dont add bells and whistles.

It seems Devs are thinking this way as well.

What? This makes no sense...

Look let's not be delusional. The 1X is good for now 2-3 years later there will be something more powerful at at around the same price as it is now, and PCs can be made for about 800 with 2xs the power of the 1X. Once Volta hits early next year the price inthe 1080ti/1080 will drop and make it even more affordable. Plus if I wanted to I could game in 5K without having to supersample anything.

Not sure what "bells and whistles" you're talking about. Whatever gets made for a console means it's in essence already on the PC. x86 architecture.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 months ago#18
I love how everyone who has a PC has a PC that s***s all over the X1X.

Does no-one with a gaming computer just have a medium or low end PC? Like an i3?
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

Beasthunt
3 months ago#19
agentspoon posted...
I love how everyone who has a PC has a PC that s***s all over the X1X.

Does no-one with a gaming computer just have a medium or low end PC? Like an i3?

Yes. Many do. I guess that's why these ignorant post keep popping up. Because in the TC's circle of 12 year old friends all it knows is people with 10 year old pre-builts.

That and it goes to show you how easy it is for PC to smash a console.

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
3 months ago#20
Masamune_6969 posted...
robert43s posted...

This. By march/April there will be new GPUs on the market(hopefully), meaning the pricing will shift as well. The 1X can't even beat the 1070 atm. There are two generations on the market already stronger than that... come on now. It's gonna be a strong console, but let's be real.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. With X1X surpassing the PC in performance and power...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived