With X1X surpassing the PC in performance and power...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. With X1X surpassing the PC in performance and power...

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
3 months ago#21
agentspoon posted...
I love how everyone who has a PC has a PC that s***s all over the X1X.

Does no-one with a gaming computer just have a medium or low end PC? Like an i3?

If you had anything less than an i5/Ryzen it wasn't a gaming pc from jump. The pentium g4560 beats out the 1X and it's like $80-$90
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
3 months ago#22
Yeah most people don't have PCs that outclass the one x. There's just a vocal minority of PC elitists who have super computers to run minecraft and WoW at 450fps.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: Masamune_6969

Masamune_6969
3 months ago#23
Beasthunt posted...
Masamune_6969 posted...
robert43s posted...
This topic is silly. Let's see, there are PC's with powerful processors and 4 nvidia titan xp GPU's.

True. I think there are barely any PC's like that anywhere though. Prolly less than 10 in the whole world lol.

Most people if they have a high end PC right now just have a single 1080ti or single titan xp. That's most, but then some have those but dual cards (sli), but there are way fewer of those guys.

Also not many games can even take advantage of quad gpu's, most games only work with one or two cards. X1X will be best for the majority of people but as PC is always getting new cards, X1X will only be legit competition for a few months.

An older PC with a 970 in it matches the X1X with relative ease and with much better settings. My 2 year old GPU absolutely smashes the X1. This thread is nothing more than an echochamber of ignorance. SLI works great in many games. Not many do not support SLI. I never cared for SLI myself but it works more often than not.

It's funny,but sad.

I'm talking about 3 and 4x sli. Most games don't work with that many cards as many people have pointed out here at GameFAQs already. A 970 doesn't even come close to a X1X's 1070 level gpu. Keep dreaming.

User Info: pobbes

pobbes
3 months ago#24
TC trying too hard.

uptown710
3 months ago#25
Masamune_6969 posted...
Beasthunt posted...
Masamune_6969 posted...
robert43s posted...
This topic is silly. Let's see, there are PC's with powerful processors and 4 nvidia titan xp GPU's.

True. I think there are barely any PC's like that anywhere though. Prolly less than 10 in the whole world lol.

Most people if they have a high end PC right now just have a single 1080ti or single titan xp. That's most, but then some have those but dual cards (sli), but there are way fewer of those guys.

Also not many games can even take advantage of quad gpu's, most games only work with one or two cards. X1X will be best for the majority of people but as PC is always getting new cards, X1X will only be legit competition for a few months.

An older PC with a 970 in it matches the X1X with relative ease and with much better settings. My 2 year old GPU absolutely smashes the X1. This thread is nothing more than an echochamber of ignorance. SLI works great in many games. Not many do not support SLI. I never cared for SLI myself but it works more often than not.

It's funny,but sad.

I'm talking about 3 and 4x sli. Most games don't work with that many cards as many people have pointed out here at GameFAQs already. A 970 doesn't even come close to a X1X's 1070 level gpu. Keep dreaming.

Actually the 1X is closer in spec to a 580, which is weaker than a 1070. In nvidia terms it's more like a 1060. Which is a budget card almost.

But don't mistake the GPU specs in Scorpio for equivalent PC power. There is no chance in hell the Scorpio's graphics power is anywhere near that of a Titan Xp just because it has the same amount of memory. If you were to buy something equivalent, expect an AMD RX 580 or GeForce GTX 1060

User Info: CommonSense

CommonSense
3 months ago#26
We're going to see consoles regularly from here on out that crush the average gaming PC.

In 10 years, PC will no longer be able to compete with consoles and phones. The PC as we know it.... is on its way out and will become niche.
"Not going to read through this whole thread" - Gamefaqs Moderator Pitaya

User Info: -Lo-

-Lo-
3 months ago#27
Your name doesn't match your post TC, for many reasons.

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
3 months ago#28
stop being stupid, please. thank you.
Currently playing: Forza Horizon 3 - Dead Rising - Hitman

uptown710
3 months ago#29
CommonSense posted...
We're going to see consoles regularly from here on out that crush the average gaming PC.

In 10 years, PC will no longer be able to compete with consoles and phones. The PC as we know it.... is on its way out and will become niche.

What is considered avg though. I think this is the problem.

Not everyone has 1080tis in sli, but everyone isn't running 1050tis either. The midrange card on the market is the1070 (not sure about red team). Pair that with the 4560 and you are already stronger than the 1X. And that's a cheap CPU.

And nobody said anything about halo wars 2. Best example of how the 1Xs CPU is underpowered.

User Info: CommonSense

CommonSense
3 months ago#30
I'm aware that these are hard truths to accept.

It's all good for our hobby though.

Competition is the fuel of innovation.
"Not going to read through this whole thread" - Gamefaqs Moderator Pitaya
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. With X1X surpassing the PC in performance and power...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived