Battlefield fans, what did you think about Battlefield 1?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Battlefield fans, what did you think about Battlefield 1?

User Info: ShadowFall900

ShadowFall900
3 months ago#21
I enjoy it but it's not my favorite battlefield. My favorite is actually BF 2 and 2142. BF 1 is fun but historical shooters were never really my thing. I enjoy the modern day shooters, especially BF 4, more. Theme wise I would have to said Hardline has my favorite since I really like the cops and robbers theme.
Currently Playing: Battlefield 1, Dead Rising 4, Ghost Recon Wildlands, ARMA 3, and WWE 2k17.

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
3 months ago#22
I played for about an hour, then uninstalled it and went back to BF4.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: AshleyGreene74

AshleyGreene74
3 months ago#23
GTAcrazy posted...
Amazing game, but I do miss the helicopters and my trusty RPG.
I hope the next one is set in WWII or Vietnam.

Hopefully the next one is Bad Company 3.
Nobody should have any illusion about the possibility of gaining military superiority over Russia. We will never allow this to happen - Vladimir Putin

User Info: zombody

zombody
3 months ago#24
It's probably the weakest out of this gen's 3 to me. I know people HATE Hardline, but I enjoyed Hardlines faster pace.

BF4 is probably the most well rounded though. Honestly my biggest gripes with BF1 are the focus on squad/team play, and the fact that they severely limit the number of vehicles.

Focus on team play means if you get a bad team, prepare to rip your hair out. The lack of vehicles is what really gets me though. You can't really be creative or sneak up to the far away bases unless you're lucky enough to get one. In BF4 for example they keep a supply of things like Atv's so you can control the map better.

BF1 is still great, but it's my least favorite of the 3 this gen.
This George Carlin quote sums up Meta Critic..."Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
3 months ago#25
It's a pretty fun game if you battles on a larger scale. However, it wasn't really my cup of tea. After playing Rainbow Six Siege for over a year I realized that I prefer the slower, more methodical shooters and BF1 is not one of them. Also, the insane of snipers on every map got old quick.
One day when you are long gone you will be in someone's thoughts, and than you will never be thought of again.

User Info: DvoloS88

DvoloS88
3 months ago#26
The graphics, gameplay, physics and animations are the best yet for a bf game but I do prefer bf 4 overall. They both have their balancing issues...
"Let The Boy Watch"

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
3 months ago#27
You'll love it for about 2 weeks, then you just can't stand playing it anymore.

BF4 is still the best BF this gen.
Xbox One & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: Cruddy_horse

Cruddy_horse
3 months ago#28
Played it for like 2 months non-stop when it came out, but then got really bored of it fast, once you past the veneer of a new game you realize it's not much different from BF4 with less non-dlc content. It also bothered me how despite it being WW1 everyone was running around with weapons that hadn't been invented yet.
equo ne credite!

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
3 months ago#29
AshleyGreene74 posted...
GTAcrazy posted...
Amazing game, but I do miss the helicopters and my trusty RPG.
I hope the next one is set in WWII or Vietnam.

Hopefully the next one is Bad Company 3.

That would be good also. =]
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
3 months ago#30
zombody posted...
It's probably the weakest out of this gen's 3 to me. I know people HATE Hardline, but I enjoyed Hardlines faster pace.

BF4 is probably the most well rounded though. Honestly my biggest gripes with BF1 are the focus on squad/team play, and the fact that they severely limit the number of vehicles.

Focus on team play means if you get a bad team, prepare to rip your hair out. The lack of vehicles is what really gets me though. You can't really be creative or sneak up to the far away bases unless you're lucky enough to get one. In BF4 for example they keep a supply of things like Atv's so you can control the map better.

BF1 is still great, but it's my least favorite of the 3 this gen.

Battlefield 1 is more focused on infantry combat, but there are still tons of motorcycles and small cars to get you around the map. Maybe you just don't know where they spawn.
Pretty much every flag has them, there's also some at the bases.
The shooting and combat feels so good that it makes up for the lack of helicopters and other vehicles.
GamerTag: Major Sousa
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Battlefield fans, what did you think about Battlefield 1?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived