Why do we hate season passes?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why do we hate season passes?

User Info: brubie

brubie
2 months ago#131
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
AnonymousFriend posted...
FlyEaglesFly24 posted...
AnonymousFriend posted...
Think of it this way: If they got rid of Season Passes, what does that actually accomplish in your favor? DOC is still a thing. Except now there's no bundle of all of it available at a discount.

Sure there is. A year later when they release the Game of the Year Edition. Besides DLC goes on sale all the time.

Example: I haven’t paid a cent to Star Wars Battlefront but thanks to EA Access I have it and all of the DLC for free. I use EA Access primarily for the 10 hour trials of new games so it’s a bonus. I’d feel like a real sucker if I bought the 50 dollar season pass for that really bad game.

Not every game gets and all inclusive edition. Borderlands 2 doesn't have one. Mass Effect 2/3 didn't receive one. But because of season passes, just about every game launches with their "Game of the Year Edition". And you do not need to buy it at launch.

No they don’t. The Game of the Year Edition label is reserved for the rerelease with all the DLC available later. Fallout 4s is coming out later this year. What you are trying to push is these digital deluxe editions which are complete nonsense.

some people just like paying $90 for stuff they aren't sure will be worth it instead of waiting later until it's normal price and you know exactly what all is included. the corporations depend on it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why do we hate season passes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived