If you liked Diablo 2 at all Path of Exile is a must check out.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. If you liked Diablo 2 at all Path of Exile is a must check out.

User Info: Net Shark

Net Shark
4 weeks ago#21
Mushdog posted...
hey dudes,

i know this game is f2p, but what would you recomend purchasing, if anything?

Premium stash tabs if you want to put items up for trade on in game trade board. Currency tab as well is worth it to keep your orbs and such organized nicely. All can be gotten for $10 or so. Worth every penny.
Xbox Live : Net Sh4rk
Facebook Group: Xbox One Universe

Net Shark
4 weeks ago#22
Actually big patch coming tomorrow. Check this out.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1998872

User Info: joe greezy

joe greezy
4 weeks ago#23
Mushdog posted...
hey dudes,

i know this game is f2p, but what would you recomend purchasing, if anything?

Buy the First Blood Starter pack. You get 200 points, a stash tab and a weapon effect. The pack costs $20 (which is what they charge for 200 points) so you're getting a free stash tab and weapon effect (weapon effects are usually in the $15-20 range btw). Then you wait for a sale on tabs (which should be next weekend based on their cycle) and buy a currency tab, more stash tabs and a few premium tabs.

OldDarkElf posted...

Joe they really don't have any idea what anything is worth, and seems like a lot of people are trying to use the PC value of orbs and items for console, which is a huge mistake. It'll be a little bit before the people with brains get the economy to the appropriate place.

Explain to me how the f*** you figure using prices established by competent people who have been playing this game for years is a mistake. The drop rates are the same between platforms so therforeprices should be the same, but nope let's charge 20X or higher what the value is because XBAWKS M I RITE?

I had never understood why there was PC elitism until they ported Neverwinter over to console and then my eyes were opened, the way things are going in PoE is no different.
Babylon ah malfunction, well dem a failure, So be careful of dem cellular and pager, Cause as I see dem I see danger, Say dem great but Selassie I greater

User Info: helIy

helIy
4 weeks ago#24
Net Shark posted...
It was completely inspired by D2 and made by big D2 fans. Even the character selection screen in the beginning is a D2 head nod. Everyone doesn't see things the same way so if you don't see it that is fine.

then why is it absolutely nothing like d2
depressed again
morning comes too fast and i'm tired of the routine

User Info: sammogard

sammogard
4 weeks ago#25
I think diablo 3 is better than Poe

I was excited for poe but eh it don't do one thing better than d3

User Info: joe greezy

joe greezy
4 weeks ago#26
sammogard posted...

^Proof that an opinion can be wrong.

D3 was a great ARPG for people who either; never played an ARPG before, sucked at ARPGs, had the mental capacity of a rotting head of cabbage or some combination of the three.

PoE is pretty much exactly what everyone who had played D2 wanted D3 to be, instead D3 was released with a giant set of training wheels and has steadily been dumbed down more over time to suit its playerbase of imbeciles.
Babylon ah malfunction, well dem a failure, So be careful of dem cellular and pager, Cause as I see dem I see danger, Say dem great but Selassie I greater

Net Shark
4 weeks ago#27
helIy posted...
Net Shark posted...
It was completely inspired by D2 and made by big D2 fans. Even the character selection screen in the beginning is a D2 head nod. Everyone doesn't see things the same way so if you don't see it that is fine.

then why is it absolutely nothing like d2

Really man? I played D2 for years. This is as close as it gets!
Join my club on the console: Xbox One Universe. GT: Net Sh4rk

Net Shark
4 weeks ago#28
joe greezy posted...
sammogard posted...

^Proof that an opinion can be wrong.

D3 was a great ARPG for people who either; never played an ARPG before, sucked at ARPGs, had the mental capacity of a rotting head of cabbage or some combination of the three.

PoE is pretty much exactly what everyone who had played D2 wanted D3 to be, instead D3 was released with a giant set of training wheels and has steadily been dumbed down more over time to suit its playerbase of imbeciles.

Being a huge D2 fan it pains me but I agree with this. POE is better in almost everyway to D3. It's more complex than you even know into you really get into it. Don't get me wrong I like D3 but it is the much more dumb downed one.

User Info: chip1289

chip1289
4 weeks ago#29
I agree the game is a lot of fun. Skill tree is daunting
Have an ever growing ignore list on trollfaqs

User Info: helIy

helIy
4 weeks ago#30
Net Shark posted...
Really man? I played D2 for years. This is as close as it gets!

torchlight is more d2 than poe is to d2.
depressed again
morning comes too fast and i'm tired of the routine
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. If you liked Diablo 2 at all Path of Exile is a must check out.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived