Will XB1X enhanced titles play and look a lot better on 1080p TVs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will XB1X enhanced titles play and look a lot better on 1080p TVs?

User Info: spartain117

spartain117
4 weeks ago#1
Will XB1X enchanced titles play that much better on 1080p TV's than playing them on the original XB1? Is their going to be a noticeable difference even on 1080p TV's?
If I have to evacuate from Florida I have to bring my PS4 with me so I don't lose Metal Gear Solid creators PT demo.
F!@# KONAMI

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
4 weeks ago#2
spartain117 posted...
Will XB1X enchanced titles play that much better on 1080p TV's than playing them on the original XB1? Is their going to be a noticeable difference even on 1080p TV's?

Yes.

http://www.businessinsider.com/xbox-one-x-4k-1080p-tvs-games-2017-6

"One of the buzzwords surrounding Microsoft's Xbox One X announcement was "4K," as the new console promises gaming in the coveted 4K resolution.

But the Xbox One X isn't just for those with 4K TVs.

Microsoft announced during its press event at E3 last week that the new Xbox One X will use a technique called "super-sampling" to make games on the Xbox One X look better than on an original Xbox One or Xbox One S if you have a 1080p TV.

Super-sampling essentially means that edges around in-game characters and objects will appear smoother, which should enhance the overall look of a game on a 1080p TV. With super-sampling, games can also look more detailed on a 1080p TV with an Xbox One X.

Another benefit of using an Xbox One X is that games will load faster due to the console's sheer power.

Digital Foundry found that super-sampling made several games look better on 1080p TVs, especially those that had issues with jagged edges around in-game objects and characters."
PSN: Kvally, XBL: xHedon, Steam: Kvally. PS Pro, Xbox One S, Windows PC.

User Info: the_lpt

the_lpt
4 weeks ago#3
That's the impression i'm getting. Even if the resolution isn't 4k, the assets being used should be higher quality.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
4 weeks ago#4
Wow, that's great! This thing is a beast.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: Satchmo25

Satchmo25
4 weeks ago#5
Yes, even if the dev decides not to patch the game, it will still perform better
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
http://i.imgur.com/AUYtAmy.png

User Info: spartain117

spartain117
4 weeks ago#6
Satchmo25 posted...
Yes, even if the dev decides not to patch the game, it will still perform better

That would be great if that's the case.
If I have to evacuate from Florida I have to bring my PS4 with me so I don't lose Metal Gear Solid creators PT demo.
F!@# KONAMI
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will XB1X enhanced titles play and look a lot better on 1080p TVs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived