PUBG is not exactly doing anything good for Microsoft.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. PUBG is not exactly doing anything good for Microsoft.

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
1 month ago#91
CRIMSON-XIII posted...
Acedawg98 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
Well for Xbox One it's only timed exclusive.

The biggest deal for this game is Steam is leaving PC-Windows Gaming far far behind to the point of no return. It's just another MS missing the big things like what happened with smartphones.

its not a timed exclusive.

you seriously think ps4 wont be getting this game? considering PUBG runs on xbox one, S, and X.?

LOL, it's coming guys. relax. it may be 6-8 months, it maybe november 2018. it could be march 2019. itll come though

It will probably be a year for it to come to PS4. But with it coming to Xbox and Steam right now, it looks like they are doing fine. They already said they haven't even talked about or started to develop any version of the game other than the Windows version that runs on Steam and Xbox.
PSN: Kvally, XBL: xHedon, Steam: Kvally. PS Pro, Xbox One S, Windows PC.

User Info: ryanrolain

ryanrolain
1 month ago#92
The_Hedon posted...
ryanrolain posted...
As for your comment "like it or not other people's actions impact everyone"...of course, that is true in our entire existence. That goes without saying.

You even agreed with my point, which negates anything else you said. You said it doesn't impact you and then admit that of course it does. You can be argoant all you like and claim others have no self control (how in anything I said, you think I buy into the practices I mentioned is questionable). But hey burry your head in the sand, when all games go business as a service as companies are pushing, and people are buying into. Be happy in the knowledge you quit your 40 year hobby because you (rightly) won't buy it, because you know other peoples habbits have not impacted you at all.

Of course you have taken it to the extreme. We will not agree on this topic. But hopefully you understand that I have made choices to NOT buy DLC when I don't want to, I have NEVER bought a Game Preview and I have NEVER bought microtransactions, and I have a HUGE game backlog of games and those items have NOT impacted my experience (in any huge noticeable way). If you understand that is MY experience, we are good here.

I have no problem with that, I wish more people would not buy into the practices. They haven't stopped you playing and enjoying games like they haven't stopped me. I to have a massive backlog and if games go the way I'm worried they are I just play those and older games. I just find it sad the way gamers are being milked and allowing themselves to be milked, which in turn is shaping the games industry in a way, that it seems to me neither of us like.

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
1 month ago#93
ryanrolain posted...
The_Hedon posted...
ryanrolain posted...
As for your comment "like it or not other people's actions impact everyone"...of course, that is true in our entire existence. That goes without saying.

You even agreed with my point, which negates anything else you said. You said it doesn't impact you and then admit that of course it does. You can be argoant all you like and claim others have no self control (how in anything I said, you think I buy into the practices I mentioned is questionable). But hey burry your head in the sand, when all games go business as a service as companies are pushing, and people are buying into. Be happy in the knowledge you quit your 40 year hobby because you (rightly) won't buy it, because you know other peoples habbits have not impacted you at all.

Of course you have taken it to the extreme. We will not agree on this topic. But hopefully you understand that I have made choices to NOT buy DLC when I don't want to, I have NEVER bought a Game Preview and I have NEVER bought microtransactions, and I have a HUGE game backlog of games and those items have NOT impacted my experience (in any huge noticeable way). If you understand that is MY experience, we are good here.

I have no problem with that, I wish more people would not buy into the practices. They haven't stopped you playing and enjoying games like they haven't stopped me. I to have a massive backlog and if games go the way I'm worried they are I just play those and older games. I just find it sad the way gamers are being milked and allowing themselves to be milked, which in turn is shaping the games industry in a way, that it seems to me neither of us like.

I can agree with you on that.
PSN: Kvally, XBL: xHedon, Steam: Kvally. PS Pro, Xbox One S, Windows PC.

User Info: -Lo-

-Lo-
1 month ago#94
Takuru posted...
So? It might as well be.

The game will be a must play on Xbox One X due to the demanding nature of the game. Reports are saying that the game runs at 40-50fps on Xbox One X, so I'm assuming that the PS4 Pro is going to be a massive downgrade in performance.

Furthermore, having possibly one of the best shooters of the generation be exclusive on one console for possibly over a year is going to literally sell Xbox One Xs singlehandedly once the 90+ metacritic scores start rolling in and every twitch/youtuber on console is playing this.

It's already sold 12 million or so on PC, there won't be many console versions sold when the community has already adopted its platform. Furthermore, you say this will sell X1X, yet fail to realize the game will be playable on all X1 models. Why would anyone with a brain buy the same console twice for a single library? There is no reality where the X1X isn't a laughingstock.

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
1 month ago#95
0ofreako0 posted...
uptown710 posted...
i just don't understand why early access on xbox is a bad thing in any possible way. it's not like steam where you could be ripped off because the devs ditch an early access game after selling it.

But there's also no telling when the actual game will be finished. It took Ark 2 years to actually reach a completion point. And some would argue the console versions aren't what they hoped it would be.

In my opinion, early access on any platform is bad. You're paying for partially finished product.With no guarantee of an end date, how often the game will be updated, etc. This doesn't mean I wan't the devs to fold and die out either.

who cares when it'll be "finished", though? for those 2 years ark was early access there was more than enough content there to justify the price.

you act like early access games are all just tech demos that have no real gameplay or content.

I'd rather play the game when all content is available. Easier, more convenient.

Not that I'm interested in PUBG though, or Ark.

User Info: Unknown281

Unknown281
4 weeks ago#96
50inchDLP posted...
PUBG is garbage. Is it some free to play trash?

Probably the stupidest post I've ever read all day, he probably dropped out of high school too which could explain by this stupid post of his.

@50inchDLP

User Info: Skruiss

Skruiss
4 weeks ago#97
The games not even got a release date yet. Chill.

User Info: 50inchDLP

50inchDLP
4 weeks ago#98
Unknown281 posted...
50inchDLP posted...

Probably the stupidest post I've ever read all day, he probably dropped out of high school too which could explain by this stupid post of his.

@50inchDLP

Sorry but the game is trash. I tried it then contacted MS support and got a refund. The game is junk and I meant it will be free to play soon.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -My youtube http://otrarchive.blogspot.com/2014/02/fibber-mcgee-and-molly.html -Best show ever

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
4 weeks ago#99
50inchDLP posted...
Unknown281 posted...
50inchDLP posted...

@50inchDLP

Sorry but the game is trash. I tried it then contacted MS support and got a refund. The game is junk and I meant it will be free to play soon.

Huh?

Why would you contact MS when the game is only currently available on steam...?
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
4 weeks ago#100
uptown710 posted...
50inchDLP posted...
Unknown281 posted...
50inchDLP posted...

@50inchDLP

Huh?

Why would you contact MS when the game is only currently available on steam...?

I think he’s referring to Fortnite, which is a F2P game that is available on PC and console but requires a $40+ purchase to play it currently.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. PUBG is not exactly doing anything good for Microsoft.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived