Do you think Microsoft needs to hurry up and release an Xbox Two?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you think Microsoft needs to hurry up and release an Xbox Two?

User Info: evildeaduser

evildeaduser
2 months ago#1
Not a troll topic, I am curious. Some people think that getting an early start on the next console cycle could help Xbox's sales numbers and maybe draw in more attention from developers.

As Xbox One fans, what do we all think of this?

It sounds good on paper but Im not sure it would really get enough support early on the be worth the gamble.
I never really liked G. I. Joe as a kid.

User Info: robert_rangersu

robert_rangersu
2 months ago#2
No they need new exclusive games, the X1X is going to be a decent system, they need something amazing to play on it that you can't play on other consoles.
PC, Xbox One, PS4 Pro.

User Info: Nazanir

Nazanir
2 months ago#3
evildeaduser posted...
Not a troll topic, I am curious. Some people think that getting an early start on the next console cycle could help Xbox's sales numbers and maybe draw in more attention from developers.

It sounds good on paper but Im not sure it would really get enough support early on the be worth the gamble.

They haven't released the X yet, but sure, lets dick over all consumers who do buy it by releasing a new console next year and hope it's backwards compatible again.
XboX GT/Steam/Wii-U - Nazanir

User Info: evildeaduser

evildeaduser
2 months ago#4
Nazanir posted...
evildeaduser posted...

They haven't released the X yet, but sure, lets dick over all consumers who do buy it by releasing a new console next year and hope it's backwards compatible again.

Sorry, I should have clarified that I meant within the next year or 2. Do you consider even that too fast?
I never really liked G. I. Joe as a kid.

User Info: dweeeeb2

dweeeeb2
2 months ago#5
They cannot build "next gen" cheap enough. $500 for the X is great value for money, but too dear and not super enough for some people. Next gen is a while off yet
XBL/PSN GT: dweeeeb

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#6
No. They have the most powerful console on the market by a margin (or at least will very soon with the X). They don't need to do nothin' until the competition challenges this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oTU0srt2I

User Info: dweeeeb2

dweeeeb2
2 months ago#7
INKU48 posted...
No. They have the most powerful console on the market by a margin (or at least will very soon with the X). They don't need to do nothin' until the competition challenges this.

I think you have it the wrong way around, Sony currently own the market, they are the ones that want this to last. As soon as MS can make a "next gen console" cheap enough they will. Its up to MS to end this gen. Why would PS give up its market share?
XBL/PSN GT: dweeeeb

User Info: Nazanir

Nazanir
2 months ago#8
evildeaduser posted...
Nazanir posted...
evildeaduser posted...

Sorry, I should have clarified that I meant within the next year or 2. Do you consider even that too fast?

The next 2 years? Consindering we have the PS4Pro and the X1X? Yes, way too fast. Both are meant to give a graphical upgrade over their base models, there is no way for consumers not to feel f***ed over if they bought either machine, even moreso if there is no BC. Imagine spending 400 - 500 dollars + money for games and the next machine gets released. Either games have to be BC, which we know Sony doesn't support for the second gen in a row, or devs have to spend resources to make them compatible on top of spending resources on the new machine.

Granted, these gen 8.5 consoles have set a new precendent that has never happened before, so both MS and Sony will have to tread carefully looking toeard the future, but both the PS4Pro and X1X are powerful enough to last a good time to come.

On top of that, graphics have hit diminishing returns, so hopefully devs will now focus a little less on graphics, and more on gameplay.

This is what I mean with diminishing returns: http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/polygon-count-diminishing-returns-consoles.jpeg

So yes, 2-3 years is way too fast. I assume that the PS4Pro and X1X will become "baseline", as how the X1S now has become.
XboX GT/Steam/Wii-U - Nazanir

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 months ago#9
dweeeeb2 posted...
INKU48 posted...

I think you have it the wrong way around, Sony currently own the market, they are the ones that want this to last. As soon as MS can make a "next gen console" cheap enough they will. Its up to MS to end this gen. Why would PS give up its market share?

Jesus. No, Sony does not "own the market", unless you're talking some specific countries. The Xbox One is perfectly healthy and selling comparable numbers to what the 360 did during the same point in its life. The PS4 doing better does not create some sort of great Xbox emergency as long as the X1 is competitive. We're at a point where MS will have both the best (cheapest) budget model and the best premium model and it's entirely possible that the X1 will continue to sell just fine for many years to come. The Xbox One does not need to outsell the PS4 to do well.

Xbox has as much to lose as Sony with abandoning its player base. Why did Sony abandon the PS1 with its massive market share? The PS2? Because no one wants yesterday's tech. You can expect the Pro and X to gain market shares and of those two it's hard to argue that the X is not the more compelling package. The X will also drive software sales to Xbox which is more important than hardware sales unless the goal is console warz between fanboys.

If the X flops and the S declines then it's in Microsoft's interest to launch something new but right now we're at a very interesting and promising point in the Xbox One's life, one where it is arguably the best choice for most gamers. And no, most gamers don't care about Japanese games whose names they cannot pronounce.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oTU0srt2I

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
2 months ago#10
The hardware isn't there yet (unless you are willing to pay a lot of money). When 7nm processor/GPU's arrive then probably then. My thinking 2020.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you think Microsoft needs to hurry up and release an Xbox Two?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived