Do you think Microsoft needs to hurry up and release an Xbox Two?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you think Microsoft needs to hurry up and release an Xbox Two?

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
2 months ago#31
theactuary101 posted...
Mario786 posted...
theactuary101 posted...
Mario786 posted...
theactuary101 posted...
djwagon posted...
lol the rumor is ps5 is coming out 2019 .then the new xbox will have to come out in 2020 to as you pit it beat sony

The ps5 is NOT coming out in 2019... i can guarantee that.

2019 sounds pretty plausible. Sony said quite blatantly that Pro is a "Mid-gen" console.
2013= PS4
2016= PS4 Pro
2019= PS5

ps1 to ps2 = 5 years
ps2 to ps3 = 6 years
ps3 to ps4 =7 years
and you think that ps4 to ps5 will be 6 years?
why would this generation decrease by a year? When games take longer to produce, and the ps4 is winning in sales, makes no sense to cut the generation short when the ps4 is still selling so well.

Because Sony said so...
It's true that PS4 sales are still peaking, this year so far has been up 40% over last year, and next year is likely to be it's real peak year with some big name exclusives dropping. But I think Sony also realizes that getting a head start on next gen will seal the deal for them yet again. MS can't very well launch another console in 2019 but Sony will have enough distance between Pro by then to do so. Once again creating a trend of people buying PS5 to play with their friends and once that starts it's a wrap.

Show me where Sony "said so"... and because they called it mid-gen means nothing. The Xbox one X is called mid-gen as well... so will the xbox have an 8 year generation? by your logic i guess it will

Why're you getting so emotional about it?lol

User Info: theactuary101

theactuary101
2 months ago#32
Mario786 posted...
theactuary101 posted...
Mario786 posted...
theactuary101 posted...
Mario786 posted...
theactuary101 posted...
djwagon posted...
lol the rumor is ps5 is coming out 2019 .then the new xbox will have to come out in 2020 to as you pit it beat sony

The ps5 is NOT coming out in 2019... i can guarantee that.

2019 sounds pretty plausible. Sony said quite blatantly that Pro is a "Mid-gen" console.
2013= PS4
2016= PS4 Pro
2019= PS5

ps1 to ps2 = 5 years
ps2 to ps3 = 6 years
ps3 to ps4 =7 years
and you think that ps4 to ps5 will be 6 years?
why would this generation decrease by a year? When games take longer to produce, and the ps4 is winning in sales, makes no sense to cut the generation short when the ps4 is still selling so well.

Because Sony said so...
It's true that PS4 sales are still peaking, this year so far has been up 40% over last year, and next year is likely to be it's real peak year with some big name exclusives dropping. But I think Sony also realizes that getting a head start on next gen will seal the deal for them yet again. MS can't very well launch another console in 2019 but Sony will have enough distance between Pro by then to do so. Once again creating a trend of people buying PS5 to play with their friends and once that starts it's a wrap.

Show me where Sony "said so"... and because they called it mid-gen means nothing. The Xbox one X is called mid-gen as well... so will the xbox have an 8 year generation? by your logic i guess it will

Why're you getting so emotional about it?lol

i apologize if i sound emotional. Guess the conversation is over then. My bad if i sounded emotional to you.

User Info: dweeeeb2

dweeeeb2
2 months ago#33
no one can build a next gen console cheap enough yet.
XBL/PSN GT: dweeeeb

User Info: pobbes

pobbes
2 months ago#34
They have no reason to when the XOX is coming out. They've already probably given up outselling the PS4 this gen so I'm sure they've tempered their expectations by now.

User Info: GordonFreeGin

GordonFreeGin
2 months ago#35
You just don't want Microsoft to make a profit, do you?
The party's always better with Gordon FreeGin around.

User Info: ChaosXero

ChaosXero
2 months ago#36
Microsoft need to come out with a real next gen asap not some half ass console. This whole being satisfied being number 2 mentality just shows people you're not willing to get the most out of the console. I sure as hell won't be on board for the next gen unless they release a whole year in advance of Sony as they did with the 360.

--
yo
--

User Info: KinjoTakemura

KinjoTakemura
2 months ago#37
Microsoft needs to stop twiddling their thumbs and make some games people want to play.
"When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger." - Confucius
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you think Microsoft needs to hurry up and release an Xbox Two?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived