God Killers: The promised games they swore would fell the blockbusters

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. God Killers: The promised games they swore would fell the blockbusters

User Info: superwesker

superwesker
2 months ago#21
Brute force on the original Xbox was labeled halo killer and wasn't even in the same genre.
Streets of rage remake is hands down the greatest game ever made..GT: crazydaygo

User Info: redditon4chan

redditon4chan
2 months ago#22
I think Haze was the worst offender. Aside from the billion "WoW killer" MMOs that were coming out everyday for a hot minute.

It started off as a multiplatform game that Sony swooped in and made exclusive.

Hype was through the roof for the time. "Made by the same people who made Timeplitters" "The power of TEH CELL!"

Had promotional tie ins with Korn or Staind or something.

Probably suffered a huge delay or six. That I don't recall.

I remember the System Wars board over at Gamespot exploded with that game's release when it could barely keep a 6 average across the board. It was a good time.

I played the demo off PSN like 8 years ago or something. Terrible.
10-9-8-7-triple 6-5-forked tongue. NN/PSN/XBL - redditon4chan

User Info: kst8er

kst8er
2 months ago#23
superwesker posted...
Brute force on the original Xbox was labeled halo killer and wasn't even in the same genre.

marketing brute force as a halo killer was the worst thing they did, many people (myself included) thought it was a fps until it was released and then were disappointed with the game play, but the real issue is that the game was actually very fun but that it wasn't what a lot of people thought it was going to be
Today is the one year anniversary of today's date last year
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. God Killers: The promised games they swore would fell the blockbusters

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived