EA Access question - NHL 18

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. EA Access question - NHL 18

User Info: shoji_jo

shoji_jo
2 months ago#1
How soon do EA sports titles usually take to become part of the vault on EA Access?

NHL 18 is a game I'm really tempted to buy now, however if it's going to be part of the vault in a few months time I'd probably rather hold off and get EA Access instead.
I haven't played an NHL game for about a decade or so and have no idea who any the players are these days. So I'd just be picking it up for some sporadic fun games.

Do games like NHL and Madden only become part of the vault towards the end of the season?
Also is there any kind of legends mode? Maybe then I'll know who people are. (I'm from the UK and live a sheltered life!)

User Info: THEaircobra

THEaircobra
2 months ago#2
They're usually added at the end of the season. NHL 17 was added at the end of March.
GT: aircobra PSN: THEaircobra
gamerzfoundry.com-Currently a work-in-progress. PM if you would like to help!

shoji_jo
2 months ago#3
Ah ok, thanks for your response. I'll guess I'll be getting it sooner rather than later then!

User Info: vJESSEv

vJESSEv
2 months ago#4
shoji_jo posted...
Ah ok, thanks for your response. I'll guess I'll be getting it sooner rather than later then!

The smart move would be to buy ea access and play nhl 17 until march. Youll have madden, nba live, nhl, pga, fifa, ufc, star wars bf, and more. Or you can spend $60 on a game you havent played in years and will be only slightly different than last year's. Just my opinion.
I like gaming on wiiu, ps4 and xbox one.
*GASP*

User Info: 305michael305

305michael305
2 months ago#5
The 10 percent discount is nice for dlc or the price like I digital pre ordered Star Wars battlefront 2 but before I did I joined ea access I don't play sports games much if at all but it was nice to get ufc 2 free and mirrors edge catalyst was free so is plants vs zombies 2 so those are too games and worth it.

shoji_jo
2 months ago#6
vJESSEv posted...
shoji_jo posted...

The smart move would be to buy ea access and play nhl 17 until march. Youll have madden, nba live, nhl, pga, fifa, ufc, star wars bf, and more. Or you can spend $60 on a game you havent played in years and will be only slightly different than last year's. Just my opinion.

That's actually such a simple and logical solution.
In the past I'd held off getting EA Access because I had a few of the games on there already, but your suggestion seems like the most sensible thing to do.
I think the Threes modes and the Vegas team had convinced me I needed the new game. I guess it doesn't matter so much if I don't know any of the players!

Thank you

User Info: vJESSEv

vJESSEv
2 months ago#7
Glad to help save you some money and get ya more games.
I like gaming on wiiu, ps4 and xbox one.
*GASP*

User Info: Eh-Red

Eh-Red
2 months ago#8
shoji_jo posted...
vJESSEv posted...
shoji_jo posted...

That's actually such a simple and logical solution.
In the past I'd held off getting EA Access because I had a few of the games on there already, but your suggestion seems like the most sensible thing to do.
I think the Threes modes and the Vegas team had convinced me I needed the new game. I guess it doesn't matter so much if I don't know any of the players!

Thank you

Also,if you get EA Access then you will get a ten hour preview to really help and decide if you want to pull the trigger now or not.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. EA Access question - NHL 18

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived