The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro head to head - the facts

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro head to head - the facts

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
2 months ago#21
Masamune_6969 posted...
And here it confirms that Xbox One X's Nvidia gpu equivalency is approximately a GTX 1070.

http://www.pcgamer.com/heres-how-microsofts-xbox-one-x-compares-to-a-pc/

This article says otherwise.

Just look at the specs themselves and compare it to the rx 580.
It has 4 more compute units than the rx 580 but has lower clock speeds (rx 580 has 12.5% faster clocks) which will make xbox x CU advantage null. Its main advantage is higher memory bandwidth but that might be null since that is shared between cpu and other buses around consoles unlike pc.

So it will be around rx 580 ballpark realistically. Maybe as strong as a slightly OC'ed Rx 580.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
2 months ago#22
agentspoon posted...
No, the words "so heavily customised its even a Jaguar anymore" should be in there somewhere.

Talk about misinformation...it's a Jaguar CPU...just as the Pro...

#sameboat
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
2 months ago#23
@quincy2000a

Yes, just like a heavily customised Mini that smokes Lamborghini's is still a Mini.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: trevelynzx

trevelynzx
2 months ago#24
quincy2000a posted...
agentspoon posted...
No, the words "so heavily customised its even a Jaguar anymore" should be in there somewhere.

Talk about misinformation...it's a Jaguar CPU...just as the Pro...

#sameboat

haha, desperate. the whole point of this thread is that the "boats" couldn't be any more different. yet even that obvious concept is too complex for you to understand and you choose instead to embarrassingly insist on "sameboat."

cue the "$100 more" deflection in 3...2...1...

User Info: KinjoTakemura

KinjoTakemura
2 months ago#25
Masamune_6969 posted...
The Xbox One X's gpu is likened to be more like a GTX 1070, not a GTX 980.

You're wrong. It is GTX 980. GTX 1070 can run games at 4k 30fps without checker board rendering
The PS4 Pro's gpu is likened to be more like a GTX 970, not a GTX 480.

Wrong again.

Those two points on your list are not correct but I agree with the rest. In the end, even Microsoft claims that overall, the Xbox One X is 40% stronger than any other console (they're talking about PS4 Pro there).

It's a nice machine that's more powerful than PS4 Pro and even Sony fanboys won't say otherwise. Facts are facts. Games are a whole other story!

I did pre-order Scorpio Edition and am really looking forward to it.

Fact is, Xbox One X is more powerful than the Pro, but the PS4 Pro has a larger library of games which include some of the highest rated exclusives from this generation. It all comes down to personal taste.

Shiny multipats or exclusives? Pick your poison.
"When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger." - Confucius

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
2 months ago#26
agentspoon posted...
@quincy2000a

Yes, just like a heavily customised Mini that smokes Lamborghini's is still a Mini.

Yeah, just like that heavily customized Jaguar CPU still can't manage not to checkerboard or run 4k/60fps...just ike the Pro

"The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro head to head - the facts"

...and those are "the facts..."

#sameboat...and it's only $100 extra, right?
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
2 months ago#27
KinjoTakemura posted...
Masamune_6969 posted...
The Xbox One X's gpu is likened to be more like a GTX 1070, not a GTX 980.

You're wrong. It is GTX 980. GTX 1070 can run games at 4k 30fps without checker board rendering
The PS4 Pro's gpu is likened to be more like a GTX 970, not a GTX 480.

Wrong again.

Those two points on your list are not correct but I agree with the rest. In the end, even Microsoft claims that overall, the Xbox One X is 40% stronger than any other console (they're talking about PS4 Pro there).

It's a nice machine that's more powerful than PS4 Pro and even Sony fanboys won't say otherwise. Facts are facts. Games are a whole other story!

I did pre-order Scorpio Edition and am really looking forward to it.

Fact is, Xbox One X is more powerful than the Pro, but the PS4 Pro has a larger library of games which include some of the highest rated exclusives from this generation. It all comes down to personal taste.

Shiny multipats or exclusives? Pick your poison.

Unlike you, many of us don't have to pick. Many of us aren't peasants who's latest career was as Jim Sterlings b****.

User Info: Splooie

Splooie
2 months ago#28
quincy2000a posted...
Being a multiconsole owner, all one of them has to do is outperform the other on a multiplat.

That's how I determine which one to buy.

No moved goalposts for me--whichever one outperforms the other wins.

...???

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
2 months ago#29
@quincy2000a

Its almost as if...

https://imgur.com/qrqAx3A

https://imgur.com/o86IVDC
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: madrileno23

madrileno23
2 months ago#30
The PS4 Pro GPU is clocked at 911 Mhz.
If SWTOR is the Titanic, than Guild Wars 2 is the Iceberg....
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro head to head - the facts

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived