Should I get rid of my PS3 discs for their digital xbox 360 BC versions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should I get rid of my PS3 discs for their digital xbox 360 BC versions

User Info: -Lo-

-Lo-
2 months ago#21
Never swap physical ownership for digital convenience, especially since the "convenient" part is simply walking a few feet. Having both is great, but never get rid of your physical collection.

User Info: skermac

skermac
2 months ago#22
flame030191 posted...
Why pay any extra money to play games you already own?

To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: LordPoncho

LordPoncho
2 months ago#23
-Lo- posted...
Never swap physical ownership for digital convenience, especially since the "convenient" part is simply walking a few feet. Having both is great, but never get rid of your physical collection.

Ah to be stuck in the 90s.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
2 months ago#24
-Lo- posted...

I timed it once...
The Last of Us running from disc, menu to gameplay after hitting start....8 minutes
Digital download version? 10 seconds

I kept the disc, but it does not get played.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: SEA_

SEA_
2 months ago#25
-Lo- posted...
especially since the "convenient" part is simply walking a few feet.

This is dumb. The convenient part has much more to do with how people get their games. Not having to go to a store and pick up a game, or not having to order and wait for a game to arrive. That doesn't really matter that much to me, but it's clear that it does to some people. The "i don't want to get up and switch discs to play something else" is a much less relevant factor. And I'm saying this as someone who still mostly buys physical btw

User Info: LordPoncho

LordPoncho
2 months ago#26
SEA_ posted...
-Lo- posted...
especially since the "convenient" part is simply walking a few feet.

This is dumb. The convenient part has much more to do with how people get their games. Not having to go to a store and pick up a game, or not having to order and wait for a game to arrive. That doesn't really matter that much to me, but it's clear that it does to some people. The "i don't want to get up and switch discs to play something else" is a much less relevant factor. And I'm saying this as someone who still mostly buys physical btw

He's likely referring to "not owning the game." As if that has actually stopped anybody from playing their digital games to this point.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
(message deleted)

User Info: daniel79

daniel79
2 months ago#28
flame030191 posted...
GinsuVictim posted...
flame030191 posted...
Buying the 360 copies of games you own on PS3 isn't going to give you any gameplay or graphical benefits,

360 had better multiplats usually, so graphical benefits (in addition to help from the Xbox One through BC) are definitely there.

Very rarely was this noticeable to anyone outside of Lens of Truth, and even they got called out on biased "reviews" by putting the PS3 on the worst display settings possible, which is probably why they're no longer doing those reviews.

Yeah, thats utter crap, sorry..

The ps3 DID have have some of the worse versions of games, period.

Red Dead? Awful..
Bayonetta? Awful..
Ghostbusters? Awful..
Grand theft auto IV? Awful..

And thats just off the top of my head. And c'mon, these systems are ten a penny nowdays, anyone can do their own head to head and see the difference, you cant play that card anymore ;)

User Info: ToastyAnakin

ToastyAnakin
2 months ago#29
Alright It's clear I should not do this so I will just keep the damn discs then lol
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)

User Info: medmuscle

medmuscle
1 month ago#30
DirkMcGurkin posted...
medmuscle posted...
Mr_arizona posted...
ToastyAnakin posted...
I hear the argument that you don't really "own" digital content and if xbox live gets shut down then I'm screwed.

This is technically true and I know there's someone out there waiting for 2032 to roll around so they can tell me "See I told you!" when I don't even know if I'll still be gaming as often as I do or enough to care. Do what works for you now and will be most convenient for you over the next couple of years. I don't make a video game purchase hoping that I can access it in another 20 years. I buy it then and there and enjoy it then and there. If it's still playable then great but I'm not gonna be heartbroken I no longer can play a game from 20+ years ago.

Besides Emulators have been amazing the past few years so doesn't matter if Microsoft or Sony say No, someone out there is gonna have every game available to download on whatever my smartphone equivalent will be by then.

Games should be able to be enjoyed on the original hardware. Just because YOU may not want to replay games later on doesn't mean many others don't want to. Preservation of our hobby and some great games not being playable is a factor. Also, timed deals for intellectual properties are a thing and also companies can go defunct, which means games get taken off of these virtual stores.

Emulators can be way behind too. To this day, there are often problems emulating N64, Saturn, Dreamcast, and PS2 games. Some of those consoles came out 20+ years ago!

Nothing beats physical. Nothing.

Why do people continue to believe that removing a game from the store means it's removed from your HDD?

This imaginary day that all our digital games are suddenly taken away from us isn't going to happen.

You fail at reading comprehension. Try again.
There needs to be anabolic steroid law reform. Bodybuilding is NOT a criminal activity. And putting someone on ignore means you are a delicate little flower.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should I get rid of my PS3 discs for their digital xbox 360 BC versions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived