Digital Foundry Project Cars Tech Performance

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry Project Cars Tech Performance

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
3 weeks ago#1
Xbox One resolution tops out at 972p (a little increase over the 900p in the first Project Cars), and falls to 864p when the engine is under intense load.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-cars-2-performance-analysis e:ra
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#2
"The same dynamic set-up is also present on PS4 Pro, which is given full support for this sequel, with both resolution and performance boosts over base hardware. Our measurements suggest that the game features a target resolution of 1440p, but this drops to 1360p during demanding moments, such as racing under stormy conditions with the full quota of 32 cars in play. It's an improvement over base hardware when viewed on a UHD TV, but it isn't enough to pass as native 4K, and the scaled image can look quite rough at times. Opinion on this will vary according to taste, but Project Cars 2 on Pro does support downsampling, so 1080p display users may get the better deal here."

Forgot those bits did you?
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
3 weeks ago#3
agentspoon posted...
"The same dynamic set-up is also present on PS4 Pro, which is given full support for this sequel, with both resolution and performance boosts over base hardware. Our measurements suggest that the game features a target resolution of 1440p, but this drops to 1360p during demanding moments, such as racing under stormy conditions with the full quota of 32 cars in play. It's an improvement over base hardware when viewed on a UHD TV, but it isn't enough to pass as native 4K, and the scaled image can look quite rough at times. Opinion on this will vary according to taste, but Project Cars 2 on Pro does support downsampling, so 1080p display users may get the better deal here."

Actually nothing was forgotten...some are just interested in the 'bone performance...that's all I pointed out...

...things hold up pretty well with the absence of snow and rain, and we generally get a decent 60fps experience that works quite well, though the experience can fall a little short on Xbox One.

But in response to what you posted...

...PlayStation 4 Pro. What you're not getting is a great 4K presentation, but the trade of pixels for a more fluid gameplay experience is the right one - and it's the best way to play Project Cars 2 right now on consoles.

So...the best consoles have to offer now...? I'll gladly take it...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#4
No, what you actually mean is that you are interested in the Xbox One performance and how you can twist it into a negative.. The majority of people here really could not give a s*** about the minuscule differences between the Xbox and PS versions of the game.

Of course its the best way to play the game, kinda hard to play the game on an unreleased Console is it not?

Twice the price for a version that barely performs above the base PS4.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
3 weeks ago#5
quincy2000a posted...
agentspoon posted...

Actually nothing was forgotten...some are just interested in the 'bone performance...that's all I pointed out...

...things hold up pretty well with the absence of snow and rain, and we generally get a decent 60fps experience that works quite well, though the experience can fall a little short on Xbox One.

...PlayStation 4 Pro. What you're not getting is a great 4K presentation, but the trade of pixels for a more fluid gameplay experience is the right one - and it's the best way to play Project Cars 2 right now on consoles.

You need a hobby... Maybe try video games?
XBL-AMITYPREDATOR75
Yeah, Gamefaqs is the pimple on the backside of the internet. The moderators are the ingrown hairs. --Me

User Info: archibald3

archibald3
3 weeks ago#6
Same boat.
Arch.

User Info: d3z1i0b

d3z1i0b
3 weeks ago#7
VENOMOUS75 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
agentspoon posted...

He's poor. He can't afford a PS4 or xb1. Ask him for his gt or psn ID and see what kind of stupid ass answer he gives you.
We allow trolling because we are Sony shills - Lead Mod

User Info: RetroGamerX

RetroGamerX
3 weeks ago#8
Lol Project Cars gonna get destroyed along with GT Sport on Nov 7th!
Just played the demo on xbox and wow i cannot wait to get my hands on it in 4K. Absolutely stunning looking.
Selling my PS4 for the almighty 'X'
"Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen" source: Digital Foundry

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
3 weeks ago#9
d3z1i0b posted...
VENOMOUS75 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
agentspoon posted...

He's poor. He can't afford a PS4 or xb1. Ask him for his gt or psn ID and see what kind of stupid ass answer he gives you.

I like when he claimed he preordered 5 Xbox One X's.
GameFAQs: The gaming community that hates gaming.

agentspoon
3 weeks ago#10
I have asked him for simple proof. All he needs is to take a picture of his Amazon purchase history, edit out all the information that can identify him and post it.

He should then post a picture of all the boxes stacked in his hallway on November 7th.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry Project Cars Tech Performance

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived