Headphones and Gaming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Headphones and Gaming

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
2 months ago#31
There's also the whole Dolby Atmos thing coming that makes regular stereo headphones simulate surrounds sound, and it seems to work pretty well.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
2 months ago#32
Surround Sound system, though I do use headphones if I don't want to be a bother to everyone else or if I'm playing with friends.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
2 months ago#33
GTAcrazy posted...
There's also the whole Dolby Atmos thing coming that makes regular stereo headphones simulate surrounds sound, and it seems to work pretty well.

The current tech already does that, and it does it well. I'm sure Atmos will be nice too, though what I tried the stuff included on the Xbox was kind of terrible. I'm sure if it was implemented correctly it will sound as good as or better than what is already out there. I believe Astro and Turtle Beach use Dolby Headphone, but don't quote me on that. Personally I think the best for gaming is the Creative Recon3D but it's hard to get these days. Usually if you buy it used you're not going to get the cables which you need for chat. That's fine for me because I use my own custom setup with a mixer, but that gets extremely complicated.
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!

User Info: BahamutBBob

BahamutBBob
2 months ago#34
I have my old X12 headset hooked up to my TV, and a modified cable so I can use it to chat on X1, but usually I have my headset off. I only really wear it when playing with friends.
XBL / PSN / Steam / NNID: BahamutBBob
3DS: 2320 - 6245 - 8788

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
2 months ago#35
CapwnD posted...
DGenerateKane
Surround Sound all the way. Nothing like having the whole house shake when an explosion goes off.

Yes, surround sound headphones. You may not get the shaking house effect but the directional is more immersive and headphone audio can sound better than most home systems and as good as a high end home system. And honestly even the cheap non-surround sound headsets sound much better than the systems most people have.

The PlayStation pulse headset has a rumble feature.

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
2 months ago#36
No, I have surround sound. I only use my headset when playing with other people

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
2 months ago#37
I use my headset when playing with someone I want to chat with, but generally they get uncomfortable over time so I just stick with my TV’s audio system.

It still isn’t bad, my TV supports virtual surround sound on its own, so i don’t lose a ton of quality by not wearing my headset, which also supports virtual surround sound.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: forthecubbies83

forthecubbies83
2 months ago#38
Wow, almost an even split. I spend the majority of the time with my headphones off, unless I’m on PC. Then I always wear them. On console I use my 5.1 system.

User Info: Rings

Rings
2 months ago#39
Larni69 posted...
Rings posted...
Nope.

I have an X-Rocker gaming chair.

Me too.

But the speakers seem reversed to I never use them.

I've owned two of them. The first one had phenomenal sound quality, however, it was uncomfortable to sit on.

The second one is newer, way more comfortable, has Bluetooth, however the sound quality isn't nearly as good as my old one.
Xbox One S (Blue Limited Edition)
Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40gHz / 16GB RAM / GeForce GTX 960 / 500GB SSD / 2TB HDD

User Info: Andreas2402

Andreas2402
2 months ago#40
oyessir. i have 2 pairs of custom in ear monitors (usually used by musicians, i mostly use them for listening to music or gaming). isolation 28db and ~ 35ish db. positive side effect: due to seal no outside noise (if listening to music) or only slight noise (if no sound/music) and no disturbing of neighbors.
if anybody wants to know they're called JH 10x3 and Spiral Ear Se-5
Few downsides though. If youre on the street you must be very aware of bikers, trams and cars, price is 3 or even 4 digit for some CIEMs, lots of cleaning required, low or no resell value, and dont ever put them in your small pocket or force them into a small space. you'll break them like i almost did.
The bigger the lie, the more they believe
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Headphones and Gaming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived