Are the fallout 4 dlc any good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Are the fallout 4 dlc any good?

User Info: Connora711

Connora711
4 weeks ago#1
I'm pretty bored I want something to play. I haven't played fallout 4 in forever so getting the dlc will be pretty good. Is it fun? Haven't really read up on anything about them.
The walking dead is the best show

User Info: DonVito1990

DonVito1990
4 weeks ago#2
No idea. I got the season pass on launch day and while I did download everything as it released I haven't booted up Fallout 4 in over a year.

So in a way I'm kinda curious about them too.
32,000 Intel Xeon E5-2692 12C with 2.200 GHz 48,000 Xeon Phi 31S1P
1,000 TiB CPU/375 TiB coprocessor 54.9 petaflops

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
4 weeks ago#3
There are only three passable ones: Automaton, Far Harbor and Nuka World. The rest of the stuff is Bob the Builder garbage. Unfortunately you may as well buy the season pass anyway because all three bought individually costs more than the entire season pass.

Automatron: Couple of fetch quests within the wasteland that let you build your own robot.

Far Harbor: Adds a small new landmass. Different enemies, but there are still a lot of raiders and super mutants running around. It's mostly just a reskin of more of the main game.

Nuka World: The whole raiding system is garbage. But if you just want to crawl through massive dungeons killing tonnes of s***, this is the DLC for you.

So it depends. Do you like the Fallout 4 playstyle of shoot/loot/return and want more of it? If yes then go ahead. It's nothing particularly special or a must-see though.

Peace.
Shoot first, think never.

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
4 weeks ago#4
Far Harbor and Nuka World are really good, they add substantial new areas and quests, the rest of the DLC really depends on whether you enjoy the building aspects of the game
GT: Bumbleoni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RaLEVmuM4o

LOOOPS
4 weeks ago#5
Bumbleoni posted...
Far Harbor and Nuka World are really good, they add substantial new areas and quests, the rest of the DLC really depends on whether you enjoy the building aspects of the game

"Substantially new areas" I fully explored Far Harbor in a few hours... there was nothing particularly interesting to find, just more of the same abandoned houses and factories full of melee enemies to shoot.

As for Nuka World that took me a little longer because there were so f***ing many enemies in each area. But it's the same really. It takes place in a theme park with 5 or so individual theme parks that are each their own combat gauntlet. So if you love running forward and shooting s***, this is the DLC for you.

"new quests"

All the quests are garbage. Sorry, it's true. The main quests are basically just nonsense. The side quests are stale Bethesda humor that got old in Fallout 3. Rest assured you'll be spamming A to get the crappy dialogues out the way. This isn't New Vegas. Bethesda doesn't care about story, it's all an excuse to get you to da action.

Connora711
4 weeks ago#6
20 DOLLARS FOR ONE DLC AND 50 FOR THE SEASON PASS AWWWWWWW BETHESDA MY HEART HURTS!!! Wow. I wanted to get resident evil 4 also and that's only 20 bucks. Damn you Bethesda.

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
4 weeks ago#7
LOOOPS posted...
Bumbleoni posted...

"Substantially new areas" I fully explored Far Harbor in a few hours... there was nothing particularly interesting to find, just more of the same abandoned houses and factories full of melee enemies to shoot.

As for Nuka World that took me a little longer because there were so f***ing many enemies in each area. But it's the same really. It takes place in a theme park with 5 or so individual theme parks that are each their own combat gauntlet. So if you love running forward and shooting s***, this is the DLC for you.

"new quests"

All the quests are garbage. Sorry, it's true. The main quests are basically just nonsense. The side quests are stale Bethesda humor that got old in Fallout 3. Rest assured you'll be spamming A to get the crappy dialogues out the way. This isn't New Vegas. Bethesda doesn't care about story, it's all an excuse to get you to da action.

@LOOOPS please stop trying to bait me, thanks.
GT: Bumbleoni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RaLEVmuM4o

LOOOPS
4 weeks ago#8
Connora711 posted...
20 DOLLARS FOR ONE DLC AND 50 FOR THE SEASON PASS AWWWWWWW BETHESDA MY HEART HURTS!!! Wow. I wanted to get resident evil 4 also and that's only 20 bucks. Damn you Bethesda.

DO NOT... buy resident evil 4 for Xbox One. Game is broken. Check this topic for details.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/75766356

User Info: Rings

Rings
4 weeks ago#9
Connora711 posted...

It was on sale a few weeks ago.

If money is an issue, you could wait for another sale.
Xbox One S (Blue Limited Edition)
Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40gHz / 16GB RAM / GeForce GTX 960 / 500GB SSD / 2TB HDD

Connora711
4 weeks ago#10
LOOOPS posted...
Connora711 posted...

DO NOT... buy resident evil 4 for Xbox One. Game is broken. Check this topic for details.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/75766356

Ummmmmmm. My friend litteraly told me that yesterday. He said that the game just didn't feel right on the one and it felt wayyyyyyy better on the 360
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Are the fallout 4 dlc any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived