So... about the latest Xbox One Dashboard update, can I do something about

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So... about the latest Xbox One Dashboard update, can I do something about

User Info: quigonzel

quigonzel
4 weeks ago#1
The very top of the main dashboard. Where it says "Launch App"? For reference, I'm talking about the area right about the "My Games and Apps" row on the latest update.

It perpetually has the same app, HBO GO, ready to launch and there's literally nothing I can do to change what's there. I originally though that area was reserved for the latest app or game that was run by the user but it's not. It stays the same app no matter what. A giant HBO GO box just staring at me.

So I uninstalled the app. Thinking this might force the layout to do what I assumed it was meant to do. So after it uninstalled, Hulu appeared in its stead. So then I installed HBO GO again... and imagine my surprise when it appeared right back to where it was originally.

What the hell is the point of this section on the main dashboard? Right next to it are two friends, the same ones every time, followed by a store recommendation.

It won't let me edit this portion of the dashboard, either. It's pretty stupid. Any thoughts or input out there?
Quigonzel Subs: freshly made subs for a dollar.
Official Mexican Deity of PotD

User Info: desaigamon

desaigamon
4 weeks ago#2
I watched the video where they demonstrated all the features of the new dash. Customization is the main theme this time. You will be able to edit all those apps that appear on the Home screen. It's still in preview, so they probably haven't enabled it just yet.
NNID: HonestCarl 3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Pokemon Moon (3DS), Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), Netflix (Xbox One)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So... about the latest Xbox One Dashboard update, can I do something about

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived