Randomly getting signed out

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Randomly getting signed out

User Info: Chewie212

Chewie212
2 months ago#1
Has anyone else been randomly signed out while gaming lately? It happened to me twice today, and one other time at least during the last month.

Chewie212
2 months ago#2
Bump

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
2 months ago#3
Did you do the obvious stuff like do a hard reset on your console? Hold the power button until it beeps, then turn it on again.

If that's not it then I would look at network issues. Do you have other xboxes on that network? Another Xbox One? A 360?
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!

Chewie212
2 months ago#4
CapwnD posted...
Did you do the obvious stuff like do a hard reset on your console? Hold the power button until it beeps, then turn it on again.

If that's not it then I would look at network issues. Do you have other xboxes on that network? Another Xbox One? A 360?

I did a hard reset less than a month ago, but not just recently. I've had other issues, like EA Access' hub not installing no matter what I try, and the hard reset didn't fix it. Thinking about exchanging my system. I also did a power cycle, cleared the alt. MAC address...

I was worried that someone was trying to sign in, but support says no.

My Internet sucks, but it was working then.

(Next time I game, I will probably do another hard reset. That was recommended. I just haven't been at my console.)

Thank you.

CapwnD
2 months ago#5
Are you connecting wirelessly? That could also be the issue. I doubt trading in the console would fix it.

Obviously wired is the way to go, I wouldn't game wirelessly but if you have to then the wireless checklist would start with things like having your console close enough for a good signal and not obstructed by things that interfere like Microwaves which interfere with WIFI.

Related to that would be to use a WIFI channel that isn't as populated, and to check that you can use a free app like WIFI Analyzer on Android and check around your router and around your xbox for the least used channel. If you're using 2.4GHz Stick to either channel 0, 6, or 11. Don't go in between like the other idiots, they are overlapping the 3 true channels, 0, 6, or 11. If you're using 5GHz you should have no problem finding an unused channel.

2.4GHz is better for penetrating walls and distance, 5GHz is faster but doesn't do as well at distance and through walls.

Next I would change your security settings to WPA2 Personal and you should be able to choose AES only (no TKIP) in those WIFI security settings. WPA2 Personal with AES is usually the most secure and the fastest of the encryptions on home routers.

CapwnD
2 months ago#6
If you have multiple xboxes that's a whole different issue, one that may be able to be fixed easily if you have the new beta dashboard that lets you change the port numbers for Xbox Live

Chewie212
2 months ago#7
Just one. Haven't changed anything.

CapwnD posted...
Are you connecting wirelessly? That could also be the issue. I doubt trading in the console would fix it.

Obviously wired is the way to go, I wouldn't game wirelessly but if you have to then the wireless checklist would start with things like having your console close enough for a good signal and not obstructed by things that interfere like Microwaves which interfere with WIFI.

Related to that would be to use a WIFI channel that isn't as populated, and to check that you can use a free app like WIFI Analyzer on Android and check around your router and around your xbox for the least used channel. If you're using 2.4GHz Stick to either channel 0, 6, or 11. Don't go in between like the other idiots, they are overlapping the 3 true channels, 0, 6, or 11. If you're using 5GHz you should have no problem finding an unused channel.

2.4GHz is better for penetrating walls and distance, 5GHz is faster but doesn't do as well at distance and through walls.

Next I would change your security settings to WPA2 Personal and you should be able to choose AES only (no TKIP) in those WIFI security settings. WPA2 Personal with AES is usually the most secure and the fastest of the encryptions on home routers.

Thanks

I've never had this issue before, and it's been years. The wireless has never been a problem despite slow speeds here. It just started happening randomly this last month. Maybe 3-4 times tops, with a long break in between.

CapwnD
2 months ago#8
Then probably just needs a reboot.

There's also the "clear cache" that fixes some weird issues, it's simple and worth trying.

Unplug the console from power, unplug the brick from the console itself. If you have anything plugged into USB, remove it. This is important to do because if you have anything USB that has it's own power, this won't work.

After it's unplugged for about 30 seconds, press the power button repeatedly until you don't hear a beep anymore, should be just once or twice. If it keeps beeping, then you probably have something plugged into USB that is still giving it power.

Chewie212
2 months ago#9
Okay, thanks.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Randomly getting signed out

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived