Digital Foundry: Quantum Break Xbox One X vs Xbox One: First Look!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Quantum Break Xbox One X vs Xbox One: First Look!

User Info: RetroGamerX

RetroGamerX
1 month ago#1
DF:

"work in progress build"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXklO1QEBek

Base pixel count 2560x1440p/ 4x that of the original xbox one

Side by side images highlight significant difference

While most Xbox One X games we've seen are looking fantastic we can expect that a few enhanced patches or new releases might fall a little short. We saw the exact same thing happen last year with the PS4 Pro launch where certain games weren't quite up to snuff but still i cant stress enough that this is a work in progress build

Slightly wonky performance at the demanding higher res mode but could be solved by release. However as is stated multiple times this is a demanding game on PC so i would settle for the stable 1080p mode as of now.
Selling my PS4 for the almighty 'X'
"Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen" source: Digital Foundry

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
1 month ago#2
lmao so 1440p @ 30 fps?

Sounds like rx 580 level of performance to me.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
1 month ago#3
Please tell me they got it running at 60...
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
1 month ago#4
uptown710 posted...
Please tell me they got it running at 60...

its at 30 fps.

And people said that this console is on par with a gtx 1070. A 1070 or even the 2 year old 980ti can both run games at 1440p 60 fps @ high to ultra settings.

Like I said before guys this console will be rx 580 performance 99% of the time.

Heck now that forza 7 demo is out its been confirmed that a gtx 1060 can run it at 4k 56-60 fps with ultra settings. The rx 580 is slightly faster than a 1060 so I can see it running at a constant 60 fps. So much for needing a gtx 1070 at minimum to run that game at 4k 60 fps lmao.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525

uptown710
1 month ago#5
Ratchetrockon posted...
lmao so 1440p @ 30 fps?

-_- come on...

Announce the next Xbox already please. Or put in the option to drop the resolution in exchange for higher fps. This 4K crap got the industry focused on the wrong things.

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
1 month ago#6
Where's the True 4K at?

LOL!!!!!
"The first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins" - Don Mattrick

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
1 month ago#7
uptown710 posted...
Ratchetrockon posted...
lmao so 1440p @ 30 fps?

-_- come on...

Announce the next Xbox already please. Or put in the option to drop the resolution in exchange for higher fps. This 4K crap got the industry focused on the wrong things.

It's like this with consoles every generation. They have it in their head that 30fps is the standard so every time a new console releases, they push the visuals as far as they can until the framerate is only 30fps. I say sacrifice some of the visuals for a higher frame rate like I used to always do on my PC. Call of Duty is always 60fps, and it may not look as good as Tomb Raider, but it doesn't look ugly by any means.

We're playing games, not watching movies, so I don't need some low framerate for cinematic effect. I prefer a framerate that makes a game feel like real life instead of feeling like I'm watching a movie.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: robert_rangersu

robert_rangersu
1 month ago#8
uptown710 posted...
Ratchetrockon posted...
lmao so 1440p @ 30 fps?

-_- come on...

It's always been the same with consoles, if you want 60FPS you have to go PC, consoles will always be chasing the higher resolutions.
PC, Xbox One, PS4 Pro.

uptown710
1 month ago#9
robert_rangersu posted...
uptown710 posted...
Ratchetrockon posted...
lmao so 1440p @ 30 fps?

-_- come on...

It's always been the same with consoles, if you want 60FPS you have to go PC, consoles will always be chasing the higher resolutions.

After having watched the video, there is a 1080 option... that still runs @ 30...

-throws hands up-

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
1 month ago#10
...just get rid of the choppiness and the 720p...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Quantum Break Xbox One X vs Xbox One: First Look!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived