Microsoft Teasing Xbox One X Forward Compatibility

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft Teasing Xbox One X Forward Compatibility

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
2 months ago#1
http://gamingbolt.com/microsoft-teasing-xbox-one-x-forward-compatibility e:ra

MICROSOFT SENIOR DIRECTOR EXPERTLY DODGES QUESTION ABOUT XBOX ONE X LIFESPAN
So Graceful It was Almost in Slow Motion
http://cogconnected.com/2017/09/microsoft-dodges-question-one-x-lifespan/ e:ra
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
2 months ago#2
quincy2000a posted...
http://gamingbolt.com/microsoft-teasing-xbox-one-x-forward-compatibility e:ra

hey look it that fake reporter that does nothing but troll on here .one day would be great if the troll would be banned like his other atl quincyab/quincy b
Gamefaqs. the place were grammar/english/typing is more important then talking about video games .people attack me for that reason PRICELESS. ok by OTACON120

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
2 months ago#3
I think MS is pretty confident that the X1X is powerful enough to last a few years.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
2 months ago#4
If they announce a new system in 2018 I wouldn't be surprised. The base consoles are 4 years old next month. Of course, they'll never admit it though.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

uptown710
2 months ago#5
agentspoon posted...
I think MS is pretty confident that the X1X is powerful enough to last a few years.

The problem is the fact that they promised the XBO wouldn't be left behind. Same issue Sony has.

I stand by my opinion that these systems aren't doing anything but prolonging a gen that needs to wrap up.

User Info: KiltyMcBagpipes

KiltyMcBagpipes
2 months ago#6
Big if true.
i7 Extreme 6950X | 4x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 128GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz | 2x Samsung 850 Evo 2TB SSD (RAID)

User Info: JcOpIVY86

JcOpIVY86
2 months ago#7
uptown710 posted...
agentspoon posted...

The problem is the fact that they promised the XBO wouldn't be left behind. Same issue Sony has.

I stand by my opinion that these systems aren't doing anything but prolonging a gen that needs to wrap up.

Last gen lasted 7-8 years, why would you want these systems to be put out to pasture 4 years in?
That would be crazy.
Sometimes it's what you don't do that makes you who you are.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/jckorn86/smallerbanner.jpg

User Info: JcOpIVY86

JcOpIVY86
2 months ago#8
On the Xbox One X actually being the 4th Xbox system.....that would be pretty crazy.
Maybe by next year there will be exclusive XBox One X games but third parties would have to be behind it for it to work.
Time will tell.
Sometimes it's what you don't do that makes you who you are.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/jckorn86/smallerbanner.jpg

uptown710
2 months ago#9
JcOpIVY86 posted...
uptown710 posted...
agentspoon posted...

Last gen lasted 7-8 years, why would you want these systems to be put out to pasture 4 years in?
That would be crazy.

You misunderstood me.

Many people feel the 7th gen ran too long, I personally agree. The problem with this gen is the base hardware was underpowered upon release.

When I say they need to wrap this gen up. I meant they shouldn't have even bothered with the mid gen refreshes. Just let it finish up in 2019 and call it a day.

uptown710
2 months ago#10
JcOpIVY86 posted...
On the Xbox One X actually being the 4th Xbox system.....that would be pretty crazy.
Maybe by next year there will be exclusive XBox One X games but third parties would have to be behind it for it to work.
Time will tell.

What would be crazy is the out right lie that would be committed if this happens.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft Teasing Xbox One X Forward Compatibility

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived