True gamers know that Exclusive games are bad for people like video games!!!!!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. True gamers know that Exclusive games are bad for people like video games!!!!!!!

User Info: GladiatorDanger

GladiatorDanger
4 weeks ago#1
Are you a true gamer? - Results (72 votes)
But without exclusives how will everyone know my console is the best?
62.5% (45 votes)
Yes, that is why I don't like games to be exclusive and play on PC!
37.5% (27 votes)
This poll is now closed.
80/80

I know everyone likes to kick Microsoft and the Xbox One for having no exclusive titles, and while this is a bad thing for Xbox One sales I think we need some positivity and should reflect on how this is actually a good thing for actual gamers! True gamers care not for the petty squables of console peasants, a true gamer cares only about the game and how to play it and with Microsoft releasing all of their games to PC this is a victory for gamers who no longer need to buy a useless console that will gather dust most of the time in order to play a few games!

I know Microsoft got a bad rap for trying to effectively kill off used games but the real villain here is Sony who keeps their exclusives caged forcing the player to buy their console if they want to play their games. I say let the games be free and let gamers play them on PC the way they are meant to be played and for this I say we need to celebrate Microsoft for not only releasing all their games to PC but also making PC gaming a primary focus bringing their most anticipated games to PC first without wasting time and resources on a console port with games like the highly anticipated Age of Empires 4!

I get that exclusive titles would help move consoles but why should any gamer care about that? The only thing a true gamer cares about is being able to play the game, not the hardware he plays it on.
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
4 weeks ago#2
GladiatorDanger posted...
80/80

https://i.imgur.com/PD5KSEW.gifv
GT: Bumbleoni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RaLEVmuM4o

User Info: killaSeason007

killaSeason007
4 weeks ago#3
exclusives are the games that will fully take advantage of the X power. So yeah exclusives do matter. And having more of them is better than less.

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
4 weeks ago#4
I don't give a crap about exclusives. I just play what's available to me and what I like the look of..

I just said that.
When the Lion Devours Both Dragon and Child.

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
4 weeks ago#5
killaSeason007 posted...
exclusives are the games that will fully take advantage of the X power. So yeah exclusives do matter. And having more of them is better than less.

Good thing there are two for 2017 then.

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: SonyPonyTony

SonyPonyTony
4 weeks ago#6
killaSeason007 posted...

As will a lot of multiplats. Lots of reports already coming out that show the 1X running better performance and resolution than the Pro counterparts. Need the power of the X to get that.
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
4 weeks ago#7
Laylow12 posted...
killaSeason007 posted...

Zero for you this entire gen.
Xbox One & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: AgentLocke

AgentLocke
4 weeks ago#8
You really need a third poll option. I think exclusives are dated (unless the console is unique, Nintendo games work well with their gimmicks).

I mentioned it before but I read a good article on this, I wish I could find it. It basically compared other devices and showed how ridiculous exclusives would be elsewhere.

New album? Only works on iPhones (maybe iTunes had a version of this but it's never a major release as far as I know)

New movie? Only works on Sony Blu Ray players

He had a few more good ones too but how dumb would it be for these to be the case? It should just be a thing of the past by now. I see no true good defense for them. Consoles should be chosen for power and features with the ability to play anything. Even Nintendo games could work around the gimmick features (thumb stick instead of motion controls for example).
Gt: KB ReDZ PSN: xHaLfBAkedRAMB0x 3DS FC: 3583-2749-4407 Steam: G13TheDon
http://thenerdrecites.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Title-3.png The trolls of Gfaqs

User Info: SonyPonyTony

SonyPonyTony
4 weeks ago#9
RonBurgundy929 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
killaSeason007 posted...

Zero for you this entire gen.

Rekt
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil

User Info: Briareos__H

Briareos__H
4 weeks ago#10
Play Anywhere is genius. Great games that I can pick up and carry on playing where I left off without even having to worry about what hardware I'm playing on. Love it and if that means games are no longer considered 'exclusive' then I'm all for it.

Any exclusive game that I have to be sat somewhere with that particular brand of player in order to enjoy is something I'm always going to have much more limited time with.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. True gamers know that Exclusive games are bad for people like video games!!!!!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived