True gamers know that Exclusive games are bad for people like video games!!!!!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. True gamers know that Exclusive games are bad for people like video games!!!!!!!

User Info: -Lo-

-Lo-
1 month ago#11
No exclusives mean no reason to get a console, but then again when the tides have turned against you completely of course you're going to sing a different tune. Saying otherwise shows how out of touch you really are, competition is good and you've been watching others stomp all over MS all generation.

The facts are there, it's just accepting them that seems to be the issue...

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
1 month ago#12
Microsoft's Exclusivity Problem Is On Full Display At E3, Even As Xbox One X Impresses
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/06/11/microsofts-exclusivity-problem-is-on-full-display-at-e3-even-as-xbox-one-x-impresses/ e:ra

The Xbox One is struggling because video game exclusives still matter
Where have all the Xbox One games gone?
https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/22/15010540/video-game-exclusives-ps4-xbox-one-switch-zelda-horizon-scorpio-first-party e:ra
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
1 month ago#13
The assertion that exclusives are bad for gamers is among the most ridiculous things I’ve heard. A console manufacturer isn’t going to make games for their competition, that much is obvious. Even MS isn’t putting their games on PlayStation, they just put them on their windows store.

Now let’s look at how exclusives are good for gamers. A first party publisher has a lot more room to fund games that aren’t going to be blockbusters and can cater to more focused audiences, they have more room to create new IPs than a 3rd party publisher because these games aren’t their main source of income, they’re just a way to attract different audiences to their platform.

This is not just a theory, it’s an observable fact of life. Sony has created more new IPs this generation than all the other big publishers combined, even MS that gets s*** on for making the same 3 games has in fact funded more new IPs this gen than the likes of EA, Ubisoft, Activision, WB, etc.
Furthermore Sony is making more AAA single player games than anyone else in the industry as all the big 3rd parties are steering more and more towards multiplayer games where they can create a platform for microtransactions rather than just a game. Some like WB are even starting to put microtransactions in single player games.

Right now exclusives are probably the best thing for gaming there is.

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
1 month ago#14
Mario786 posted...
The assertion that exclusives are bad for gamers is among the most ridiculous things I’ve heard. A console manufacturer isn’t going to make games for their competition, that much is obvious. Even MS isn’t putting their games on PlayStation, they just put them on their windows store.

Now let’s look at how exclusives are good for gamers. A first party publisher has a lot more room to fund games that aren’t going to be blockbusters and can cater to more focused audiences, they have more room to create new IPs than a 3rd party publisher because these games aren’t their main source of income, they’re just a way to attract different audiences to their platform.

This is not just a theory, it’s an observable fact of life. Sony has created more new IPs this generation than all the other big publishers combined, even MS that gets s*** on for making the same 3 games has in fact funded more new IPs this gen than the likes of EA, Ubisoft, Activision, WB, etc.
Furthermore Sony is making more AAA single player games than anyone else in the industry as all the big 3rd parties are steering more and more towards multiplayer games where they can create a platform for microtransactions rather than just a game. Some like WB are even starting to put microtransactions in single player games.

That's why having only two for an entire year is a bad decision. I'm willing to bet this is the lowest output for a console in the history of video games. SWITCH is on pace to sell 10 million in the first year and the reason is they have tons of amazing exclusives coming out. It'll pass the XBOX ONE in year two.

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: holden4ever

holden4ever
1 month ago#15
GladiatorDanger posted...
80/80

https://i.imgur.com/zeIna8S.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2jSUbze.jpg http://i.imgur.com/AKNXp1r.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/N2r3fyh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/WzYnSs9.gif

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
1 month ago#16
Exclusives are a business decision. One that has happened and always will happen.

Nothing anti consumer about it. You don’t go into Burger King looking for the Big Mac.

It’s a method to draw customers to your brand. Plain and simple. It encourages competition as well.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: TheSL1Club

TheSL1Club
1 month ago#17
More games for it's install base is a bad thing? Holly logic batman.
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.

User Info: Mindwipe77

Mindwipe77
1 month ago#18
If xbox one had actual console exclusives, more of them like the OG xbox and the 360 had, they would be doing a lot better now. I know the reason is they are trying to turn xbox into a PC basically, but I miss the days when MS gave you a reason to own their console.
XBL GT-

User Info: TheSL1Club

TheSL1Club
1 month ago#19
Mario786 posted...

Logic has no place on this board, xbox die hards won't even bother rebut your post because logic don't stand on their side in this context.
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.

User Info: quickposter

quickposter
1 month ago#20
I'm getting a an X eventually. Can Xbox not have blind fanboys? People don't buy systems for third party games alone. If that were true Xbox would not be dead last.

@uptown710
Come off it. Without Sony's exclusives flooding in PS3 would never have caught 360. If PS3 relied on the third party games Sony promised were coming eventually it would have failed. Money hatting is about as anti-consumer as it gets. Holding third party games hostage for "business decisions" is not the way to grow your platform, brands or for third parties to grow their brands.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. True gamers know that Exclusive games are bad for people like video games!!!!!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived