Microsoft confirms the Xbox One X is not just for a 4K TV

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft confirms the Xbox One X is not just for a 4K TV

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
3 weeks ago#11
Yes, it appears to be that Phil has shot himself in the foot a bit, not explaining the TV situation adequately upfront...not surprising...

Some are being turned off because it's appears that a 4k TV is almost a requirement...and the added cost of a decent* 4kTV has to be factored in...

The Xbox One X probably isn't for you
Unless you have a really big 4K TV
https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/25/16201444/xbox-one-x-hands-on-analysis-gamescom-2017 e:ra

To get the most out of this premium product, you are going to need to make radical improvements to your living room set-up; what’s the point of buying a console capable of pushing out True 4K graphical fidelity if you’re running it through your old 1080p set? New TV, better audio and some improved Xbox services – you’ve got a lot to do if you want to get properly ready for the launch of Xbox One X on 7 November. No, don’t cry, because OXM is here to help you through it all. Don’t say we never do anything nice for you.

1. Buy a 4K TV

http://www.gamesradar.com/what-do-you-need-to-be-xbox-one-x-ready-from-4k-tvs-to-the-best-sound-systems-and-more/ e:ra

*Are people really buying $350 4k TVs...? And if this is the only one they can afford, is buying a $500 game console a smart move...?
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: Andreas2402

Andreas2402
3 weeks ago#12
CommonSense posted...
It's a harsh reality we face with console killing off PC thanks to the X.

The benefits that PC offered to 1080p will now be overshadowed by the power of X. All that power for $500 is a glorious thing. Phil made this possible. How this man has single handily revolutionized video gaming is impressive and.....

....interesting.

r:ea

#differentboat
a:re
The bigger the lie, the more they believe

User Info: b166er01

b166er01
3 weeks ago#13
quincy2000a posted...
http://us.blastingnews.com/gaming/2017/09/microsoft-confirms-the-xbox-one-x-is-not-just-for-a-4k-tv-002028255.html e:ra

We had been told this before... but now there has been a push to get this message out...I originally thought it was because Phil is having to back off of the "uncompromised" 4k messaging...now I'm hearing the sales numbers aren't what was expected and a change in messaging (excluding 4k because most don't have it yet) may get more purchasers...maybe a combination of both...?

Interesting times, eh...

The sales numbers of what? And hearing from where?
Yes, I wear glasses. No, I'm not a hipster; I actually need them

User Info: stevieb1234567

stevieb1234567
3 weeks ago#14
Discharged19DCS posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...
Also confirmed u will be wasting 500 bucks unless u have a 4k tv

What sort or peasant doesn't have a 4k tv in 2017?

Most of the world look it up. A very small % of people have 4k tvs
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
3 weeks ago#15
quincy2000a posted...
Yes, it appears to be that Phil has shot himself in the foot a bit, not explaining the TV situation adequately upfront...not surprising...

Some are being turned off because it's appears that a 4k TV is almost a requirement...and the added cost of a decent* 4kTV has to be factored in...

The Xbox One X probably isn't for you
Unless you have a really big 4K TV
https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/25/16201444/xbox-one-x-hands-on-analysis-gamescom-2017 e:ra

To get the most out of this premium product, you are going to need to make radical improvements to your living room set-up; what’s the point of buying a console capable of pushing out True 4K graphical fidelity if you’re running it through your old 1080p set? New TV, better audio and some improved Xbox services – you’ve got a lot to do if you want to get properly ready for the launch of Xbox One X on 7 November. No, don’t cry, because OXM is here to help you through it all. Don’t say we never do anything nice for you.

1. Buy a 4K TV

http://www.gamesradar.com/what-do-you-need-to-be-xbox-one-x-ready-from-4k-tvs-to-the-best-sound-systems-and-more/ e:ra

*Are people really buying $350 4k TVs...? And if this is the only one they can afford, is buying a $500 game console a smart move...?

Well the TCL 4k models this year have been getting decent reviews and have very low input lag. The S405 which is the one in the $350 range is considered good value for the money. The P607/P605 which is the step up is only ~$650 and has features which rival higher priced models while also having some of the lowest input lag available on tvs this year.

If gaming is all someone is looking at doing for their tv then those TCL models are nice options even if they can afford more expensive tvs. Hell I've considered buying the TCL P series as an extra gaming tv even though I will be spending $4-6k next year on an OLED or Z9D successor.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

User Info: ScRui

ScRui
3 weeks ago#16
LG C7 65"

Hey TC, cry more...
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>

User Info: Connora711

Connora711
3 weeks ago#17
You know I don't know why people are crying about a console being able to do 4K! A CONSOLE PERFORMING 4K! Litteraly like 3 or 4 years ago if you would of told some one that a console is doing 4k let alone 1080P!!!! They would of laughed at you.
The walking dead is the best show

User Info: c13rocks

c13rocks
3 weeks ago#18
KiltyMcBagpipes posted...
Discharged19DCS posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...
Also confirmed u will be wasting 500 bucks unless u have a 4k tv

What sort or peasant doesn't have a 4k tv in 2017?

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Even those TCL brand 4k sets are supposed to be extremely good for the price. You can get a 47" for $350ish.

Because there isn't a huge difference in quality to justify the price. My cousin has the samsung ks8000 and while it looks great, it doesn't look different enough for me to justify the price. Could I go buy one? Yes. Should I? Probably in a few years when the price for a really good one creeps down and there is actually more 4k media out there.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft confirms the Xbox One X is not just for a 4K TV

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived