Can you split the same game between two drives?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can you split the same game between two drives?

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
2 months ago#1
My question is mainly, if one drive fills up, can the rest of the digital game be stored on another drive without having to copy the whole game over?

Thanks in advance for responses.

Bonus question, does anyone know exactly how big BlOPs 3 is will all DLC. I only have a 500GB drive right now and it look like it may fill all of my 384 GB available plus some if the blue download bar is right. May have gotten in over my head with this game lol.
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632 N3DS Friend Code: 0189-8871-1995

User Info: TreGooda

TreGooda
2 months ago#2
Mozzezz posted...
My question is mainly, if one drive fills up, can the rest of the digital game be stored on another drive without having to copy the whole game over?

Bonus question, does anyone know exactly how big BlOPs 3 is will all DLC. I only have a 500GB drive right now and it look like it may fill all of my 384 GB available plus some if the blue download bar is right. May have gotten in over my head with this game lol.

No, the full game will have to be on a single drive.
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
2 months ago#3
First question: no

Second question: BlOps 3 isn't anywhere near 300 GB.
GameFAQs: The gaming community that hates gaming.

Mozzezz
2 months ago#4
TreGooda posted...
Mozzezz posted...

No, the full game will have to be on a single drive.

AndyJoe89 posted...
First question: no

Second question: BlOps 3 isn't anywhere near 300 GB.

Thank you both, the download progress must be wrong then.

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
2 months ago#5
The blue bar just shows the progress of the download, not the file size
GT: Bumbleoni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RaLEVmuM4o

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
2 months ago#6
The biggest offenders when it comes to file size ATM are only at ~100GB with all content and updates factored in, and those are Gears 4 and Halo 5.

Mozzezz
2 months ago#7
Well it turned out the progress bar that shows up in the store isn't really accurate. The ones that come up when you go to your game installs are though.

Bumbleoni posted...
The blue bar just shows the progress of the download, not the file size

The progress bar is usually a general indication of the file size though, when you measure a segment of it right as it downloads vs the total bar size. It could also be used just for how much time it's going to take, but it usually represents the other as well.

Boogie_WoogieWu posted...
The biggest offenders when it comes to file size ATM are only at ~100GB with all content and updates factored in, and those are Gears 4 and Halo 5.

You should add BlOPs 3 to that list as well lol, it's 119 GB for everything (and I should have everything, I bought the $100 digital download).

User Info: 305michael305

305michael305
2 months ago#8
I have modern warfare on external drive and infinite warfare on internal for now.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can you split the same game between two drives?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived