is the demo of PREY better than the actual full game????

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. is the demo of PREY better than the actual full game????

User Info: ill-thoughts

ill-thoughts
4 weeks ago#1
seriously, I'm watching a walkthrough of Prey and I'm not seeing the point lol. 10 hours of walking around a space station and killing the same shape shifty thing, I feel like the best parts of the game are in the first hour.
Playing: Agents Of Mayhem, Forza Motorsport 5, HITMAN
Waiting For: Become Human, Cyberpunk 2077, Bully 2

User Info: ACHEEKSMALLOY

ACHEEKSMALLOY
4 weeks ago#2
Alot of the fun is the exploration and using abilities to find secrets and get to previously locked away areas. The enemy variety is a little lacking but worrying about a coffee cup jumping at you never gets old.
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
The CUBS are the 2016 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

User Info: steamgamer69

steamgamer69
4 weeks ago#3
I completed Prey and Dishonered 2 recently, both great Bethesda stealth games. Both were equally as good, but Prey was a little bit more irritating/frustrating.

The game was a solid 8 out 10 in my playthru of it (took like a few days in a week) , but one part which bugged me the most was halfway thru the game you have to do alot of backtracking to gather few items, won't spoil anything, but just prepare to need some motivation in some parts of the game.

I liked it alot, felt alot like Half Life 2 in its FPS mechanics, but yeah the game is worth experiencing, specially compared to the rest of single player story based games out this year, Prey is among the best in that regard. I played a bit non stealth in my playthru of it, but it is meant to be played as a stealth game, just a heads up since the game can bug you if you play it a certain way.

If you end up liking Prey, i 100% recommend Dishonered 2. That one was easier to get into and just as good but i feel that would be one to play first. Both really great Bethesda steath games, i honestly consider both up there as Game of the Year imo

i've played a few games this year and beat them, Sniper elite 4, sniper ghost warrior 3, Yakuza 0, Yakuza kiwami, but Prey (or Dishonered 2) both easily top any of those games.

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
4 weeks ago#4
Someone said it best when they said “prey would be better if it were named system shock 3”. Not that it’s bad as is, but it’s definitely more like the original shock series than anything.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: ill-thoughts

ill-thoughts
4 weeks ago#5
Dishonored 2 is definitely the better game.....and I mean the downloadable demo of Dishonored 2, not the full game lol.
Playing: Agents Of Mayhem, Forza Motorsport 5, HITMAN
Waiting For: Become Human, Cyberpunk 2077, Bully 2

User Info: Resident_Hill

Resident_Hill
4 weeks ago#6
uptown710 posted...
Someone said it best when they said “prey would be better if it were named system shock 3”. Not that it’s bad as is, but it’s definitely more like the original shock series than anything.

LOL, Prey was no where near as good as System Shock 2. It does have a BioShock "feel", but the game seems half baked. It had massive potential but in my opinion, it fell short. Not a terrible game, just not memorable.
Those who desire peace, prepare for war.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. is the demo of PREY better than the actual full game????

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived