Just got Halo Collection what was all the fuss about?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Just got Halo Collection what was all the fuss about?

User Info: AlbertWesker1

AlbertWesker1
4 weeks ago#1
I just got the game and it plays fine, I can enter lobbies no problem.

Only thing is that everybody wants to play Halo 3.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
4 weeks ago#2
It launched in an awful state that wasn’t properly addressed for quite some time, even after Halo 5 released IIRC.

Now it plays pretty well, I played it for a couple of hours over the past week without any issues. But for quite some time matchmaking was an atrocious experience.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.
(message deleted)

User Info: Demigod_Elessar

Demigod_Elessar
4 weeks ago#4
Yeah, the game had a very rocky start with its matchmaking issues. And a lot of people bought the game especially to play the Halo 2 matchmaking. So the fact that this mode barely worked the first several weeks/months, it left a bad taste in those people's mouths who didn't care about the campaigns.

So even though the game runs fine today (for the most part), most people never got over that initial reaction.

The campaigns play wonderful, by the way. So if there ever is a stretch where you struggle to find a multiplayer match, just boot up any one of the campaigns to kill time before trying again.

Halo 2 Anniversary is my favorite game on the Xbox One. They did such a great job with it. So that game's campaign was worth the collection for me automatically.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!

User Info: TaffmanG

TaffmanG
4 weeks ago#5
Just bought it today, looks like you get loads of game for your money!

Looking forward to playing through the campaigns all over again!

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
4 weeks ago#6
U played it smart and waited

Play it at launch and I would of asked 3v4 if they could mail u a glock 45 to put you out ur misery after how god awful of a launch it was

I couldn't even finish halo2 on legendary cause it always crashed on delta halo
IT 2017 MOVIE OF THE YEAR

User Info: BERZERKER17

BERZERKER17
4 weeks ago#7
ChiefStabaHoe posted...

I still can't. Me and a friend just cannot finish Halo 2 because it keeps crashing.
R.I.P TimeSplitters 4, R.I.P FreeRadical, 21st December 2008.
XBL Gamertag: Catalytic Flash

ChiefStabaHoe
4 weeks ago#8
BERZERKER17 posted...
ChiefStabaHoe posted...

I still can't. Me and a friend just cannot finish Halo 2 because it keeps crashing.

XD I wad able to finish after patches but now halo4 crashes on me in the 4th mission

User Info: Mr_arizona

Mr_arizona
4 weeks ago#9
Took them a year to fix the games multiplayer. Cause that's perfectly acceptable for a MP game to have it's 1st year be borderline unplayable and offer no refunds. By the time it was working okay everyone had already abandoned ship and never returned. What was supposed to be a celebration of Halo 2 online returning was just one of the worst examples of a game going for sale broken. Like how do you f*** up your flagship franchise that badly?

Campaigns are great. I never ran into an issue while playing them. Grab a buddy for 1 and 2 then get a group for 3 and 4.
http://i.imgur.com/VBDN2Pi.gif
https://wwewritten.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/r80.gif

ChiefStabaHoe
4 weeks ago#10
By the time is was working halo5 was already out lmao
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Just got Halo Collection what was all the fuss about?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived