Digital Foundry: Forza 7 Demo: X1 vs X1X vs PC Comparison!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Forza 7 Demo: X1 vs X1X vs PC Comparison!

User Info: b166er01

b166er01
2 months ago#31
All this does is show the 1x is capable of competing with mid to high end PC. It's a first party game, so they have alot of know how with the internals backing them up. Not all 1x games will be on a high end PC level- infact, as someone whos getting one, i dont realistically expect more than a handful.

so there's no need to be upset..or accuse df of marketing or advertising. They know what they're talking about. You PC guys should be happy you get to play it. I mean, why get mad at a console game looking/performing good? Baffles the mind. You get the Xbox games, yet you're still in a "platform war" mentality against the Xbox which shares it's xbox games with you to use.

WUT?
Yes, I wear glasses. No, I'm not a hipster; I actually need them

User Info: -Lo-

-Lo-
2 months ago#32
Iceman83 posted...
I like how we're comparing demos now.

It's better than using old games the Xbox community didn't buy, right?

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
2 months ago#33
PC mongs melting so hard.

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
2 months ago#34
Sheesh.

Nobody here can actually define what a “high end gaming pc” is. I’ve told people before stop using such ratchets rig as an example because his PC is a machine more suited for content creation. My rig cost WAY less than ratchets and is considered “high end”.

Forza is greatly optimized and runs well on a bevy of hardware. I wouldn’t use it as a cornerstone though because you can achieve 1X level fidelity with a $200 gpu. Doesn’t mean it isn’t a good looking game.

So in the end, this game really isn’t pushing the 1X. Look at titles like Quantum break or something down the line.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: madrileno23

madrileno23
2 months ago#35
You don't need great hardware to run Forza, the engine is one of the best optimized in all of game development.

I just ran the demo at 1440p60fps on an R9 380 4GB, that's a card from 2014.
If SWTOR is the Titanic, than Guild Wars 2 is the Iceberg....

User Info: CommonSense

CommonSense
2 months ago#36
Ratchetrockon posted...
I can run this at 8k 60 fps. (4k + 200% resolution scaling). Setting msaa to 0 at this resolution will result in 60 fps in two of three stages of demo. The bad weather stage goes down to the low 50s, but adjusting particles to half instead of full(literally no visual difference for me) makes it run at constant 60 fps.

ok now I'm a bit confused because this man is running the game on his rig at 8k 70+ fps when my version of the demo caps at 60 wtf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpdD1UKRw6s

I love when PC elitist come into these topics to defend what is threatened. Fear over a box. Lolalolalola
"Not going to read through this whole thread" - Gamefaqs Moderator Pitaya

User Info: InjusticeReborn

InjusticeReborn
2 months ago#37
I never saw this many PC gamers flock to the PS4 board when the Pro was revealed/just around the corner.

Did they somehow know the Pro wasn't worth any effort? Is the X? A combination of both with varying levels?

Just a spectacle.
Currently playing: Destiny 2 (PS4)

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
2 months ago#38
InjusticeReborn posted...
I never saw this many PC gamers flock to the PS4 board when the Pro was revealed/just around the corner.

Did they somehow know the Pro wasn't worth any effort? Is the X? A combination of both with varying levels?

Just a spectacle.

Bottom line: They're on this board because they're feeling threatened by the Scorpio.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
2 months ago#39
CommonSense posted...
Ratchetrockon posted...
I can run this at 8k 60 fps. (4k + 200% resolution scaling). Setting msaa to 0 at this resolution will result in 60 fps in two of three stages of demo. The bad weather stage goes down to the low 50s, but adjusting particles to half instead of full(literally no visual difference for me) makes it run at constant 60 fps.

ok now I'm a bit confused because this man is running the game on his rig at 8k 70+ fps when my version of the demo caps at 60 wtf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpdD1UKRw6s

I love when PC elitist come into these topics to defend what is threatened. Fear over a box. Lolalolalola

Pretty much.
XBL-AMITYPREDATOR75
Yeah, Gamefaqs is the pimple on the backside of the internet. The moderators are the ingrown hairs. --Me

User Info: Masamune_6969

Masamune_6969
2 months ago#40
madrileno23 posted...
Masamune_6969 posted...
The fact is, it is competing with high-end PCs. It may not compete with the very top PCs which cost minimum $10,000+, but it's competing well against your average high end PC at around $1000-$2000.

PC elitist fanboys just can't handle it.

People are running this on GTX 1080 at 4k 144fps.
You can build a GTX 1080 system for aroudn $1250.

Show me XBX running this game anywhere close to 144fps.

Show me where anyone needs 144fps in a racing game? It looks the same as 60fps to me and the graphics don't look any better with the 1080 than on X1X.

Edit: Sure I over exaggerated the entry level price of super premium top of the line gaming PCs but for $1250 you don't have anywhere near a super premium top of the line gaming PC. All I'm saying is that even if games are going to still look/run better on expensive high end gaming PCs, the difference isn't going to be great, but rather barely noticeable. Close enough that the X1X owner can say to the PC elitist, "woop-dee-doo."
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Forza 7 Demo: X1 vs X1X vs PC Comparison!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived