Digital Foundry: Forza 7 Demo: X1 vs X1X vs PC Comparison!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Forza 7 Demo: X1 vs X1X vs PC Comparison!

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
3 weeks ago#41
No offense, but if people start the conversation comparing the 1X to the gaming PCs, of course you’ll draw the opinions of PC gamers... Just like I’m sure if someone says the PS4 version is comparable to the XBO version, you’re inviting Xbox users. Not really that much of a stretch.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

uptown710
3 weeks ago#42
Masamune_6969 posted...
madrileno23 posted...
Masamune_6969 posted...
The fact is, it is competing with high-end PCs. It may not compete with the very top PCs which cost minimum $10,000+, but it's competing well against your average high end PC at around $1000-$2000.

PC elitist fanboys just can't handle it.

People are running this on GTX 1080 at 4k 144fps.
You can build a GTX 1080 system for aroudn $1250.

Show me XBX running this game anywhere close to 144fps.

Show me where anyone needs 144fps in a racing game? It looks the same as 60fps to me and the graphics don't look any better with the 1080 than on X1X.

Edit: Sure I over exaggerated the entry level price of super premium top of the line gaming PCs but for $1250 you don't have anywhere near a super premium top of the line gaming PC. All I'm saying is that even if games are going to still look/run better on expensive high end gaming PCs, the difference isn't going to be great, but rather barely noticeable. Close enough that the X1X owner can say to the PC elitist, "woop-dee-doo."

Actually for 1250 you can build a gaming PC that would kick the s*** outta anything.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Cmw7QV

Windows key for about $30 keyboard and mouse for $15 and a 360 controller for $30

And again, Forza 7 isn%u2019t a good benchmark for the 1X or PC. The most taxing game so far that%u2019s close to a first party developer is Quantum break.
(message deleted)

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
3 weeks ago#44
Ratchetrockon posted...
I can run this at 8k 60 fps. (4k + 200% resolution scaling). Setting msaa to 0 at this resolution will result in 60 fps in two of three stages of demo. The bad weather stage goes down to the low 50s, but adjusting particles to half instead of full(literally no visual difference for me) makes it run at constant 60 fps.

ok now I'm a bit confused because this man is running the game on his rig at 8k 70+ fps when my version of the demo caps at 60 wtf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpdD1UKRw6s

8k...and not visually impressive at all. Yikes.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

uptown710
3 weeks ago#45
8k...and not visually impressive at all. Yikes.

The game looks great but racing is based on reality. If you want something “pretty” it’s gonna have to be something outta someone’s imagination.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
3 weeks ago#46
Masamune_6969 posted...
Show me where anyone needs 144fps in a racing game? It looks the same as 60fps to me

It WILL look the same unless you're watching it on a 144fps monitor. It's not like you can just watch a YouTube video of the difference. Your monitor has to be physically capable of displaying the difference.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
3 weeks ago#47
ClunkerSlim posted...
Masamune_6969 posted...
Show me where anyone needs 144fps in a racing game? It looks the same as 60fps to me

It WILL look the same unless you're watching it on a 144fps monitor. It's not like you can just watch a YouTube video of the difference. Your monitor has to be physically capable of displaying the difference.
IT 2017 MOVIE OF THE YEAR

User Info: madrileno23

madrileno23
3 weeks ago#48
Masamune_6969 posted...
madrileno23 posted...
Masamune_6969 posted...
The fact is, it is competing with high-end PCs. It may not compete with the very top PCs which cost minimum $10,000+, but it's competing well against your average high end PC at around $1000-$2000.

PC elitist fanboys just can't handle it.

People are running this on GTX 1080 at 4k 144fps.
You can build a GTX 1080 system for aroudn $1250.

Show me XBX running this game anywhere close to 144fps.

Show me where anyone needs 144fps in a racing game? It looks the same as 60fps to me and the graphics don't look any better with the 1080 than on X1X.

Edit: Sure I over exaggerated the entry level price of super premium top of the line gaming PCs but for $1250 you don't have anywhere near a super premium top of the line gaming PC. All I'm saying is that even if games are going to still look/run better on expensive high end gaming PCs, the difference isn't going to be great, but rather barely noticeable. Close enough that the X1X owner can say to the PC elitist, "woop-dee-doo."

If you think 60fps and 144fps "look the same" you have obviously never seen a game running on a 144hz screen at ultra high fps.... its quite an improvement over 60 fps.
If SWTOR is the Titanic, than Guild Wars 2 is the Iceberg....

User Info: b166er01

b166er01
3 weeks ago#49
ClunkerSlim posted...
Masamune_6969 posted...

LOL. last gen, most console games were what? 720/30? And the PC guys were like "pfft..you can't even get 60 fps"

This gen console games are generally a mix of 900/1080 @ 60/30. Then they like "pfft..you can't get 4k at 60+" - problem.
small amount of pc gamers game like that.

Now before the same gen is up, a console update gets a 4k/60 game, so logically, they like "pfft..you can't get 8k @ 160 fps." - problem. even smaller amount of pc gamers have such a setup

Just because PC's can be made into 230000k²/4.500000 gigaframe per millisecond monsters, doesn't change the fact that most of y'all are doing 1080/1440 @ 60

Forzas doing 4k/60

Be mad at DF
Yes, I wear glasses. No, I'm not a hipster; I actually need them

User Info: madrileno23

madrileno23
3 weeks ago#50
b166er01 posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
Masamune_6969 posted...

LOL. last gen, most console games were what? 720/30? And the PC guys were like "pfft..you can't even get 60 fps"

This gen console games are generally a mix of 900/1080 @ 60/30. Then they like "pfft..you can't get 4k at 60+" - problem.
small amount of pc gamers game like that.

Now before the same gen is up, a console update gets a 4k/60 game, so logically, they like "pfft..you can't get 8k @ 160 fps." - problem. even smaller amount of pc gamers have such a setup

Just because PC's can be made into 230000k²/4.500000 gigaframe per millisecond monsters, doesn't change the fact that most of y'all are doing 1080/1440 @ 60

Forzas doing 4k/60

Be mad at DF

Anyone who games normally at 1440p/60fps, let's say for a title like Ghost Recon Wildlands or Dishonored 2, will have powerful enough to hardware to easily run Forza 7 at 4k60, hell they may be able to hit 4k100+fps...
If SWTOR is the Titanic, than Guild Wars 2 is the Iceberg....
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry: Forza 7 Demo: X1 vs X1X vs PC Comparison!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived