Is Best Buy even trying to compete with GameStop in terms of used games??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Best Buy even trying to compete with GameStop in terms of used games??

User Info: spartain117

spartain117
2 months ago#1
Best Buys used game selection is putrid compared to GameStops. I much rather buy used games at Best Buy rather than GameStop but I can't do that if Best Buy doesn't have a very good selection of used games...
If I have to evacuate from Florida I have to bring my PS4 with me so I don't lose Metal Gear Solid creators PT demo.
F!@# KONAMI

User Info: LanternOfAsh

LanternOfAsh
2 months ago#2
Gamestop’s Entire business is used games. Best Buy couldn’t give a s***. They can actually make profit on new games thanks to their sale numbers and appliances.
u avin a giggle there m8?

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
2 months ago#3
Two different companies, Best Buy does not depend on games as much as Gamestop does, in addition, Best Buy would much rather sell new stuff than old, where it seems like Gamestop is much more comfortable selling old games, and previously played games(Well new instead of used)

User Info: GuyFawkes5

GuyFawkes5
2 months ago#4
LanternOfAsh posted...
Gamestop’s Entire business is used games. Best Buy couldn’t give a s***. They can actually make profit on new games thanks to their sale numbers and appliances.
I was reborn in the fire of a muzzle flash.

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
2 months ago#5
Buying used games is very healthy for the industry, it's makes it so everyone can access games without buying new. Developers don't need money they already got paid they really should encourage people to buy used games more.

User Info: spartain117

spartain117
2 months ago#6
Then who else besides local game stores and Play N Trade (I don't have either of those stores where I live) are going to compete with GameStops in terms of used games? I believe Walmarts selection of used games is putrid too.
If I have to evacuate from Florida I have to bring my PS4 with me so I don't lose Metal Gear Solid creators PT demo.
F!@# KONAMI

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
2 months ago#7
shotgunheadshot posted...
Buying used games is very healthy for the industry, it's makes it so everyone can access games without buying new. Developers don't need money they already got paid they really should encourage people to buy used games more.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: Maverickneo

Maverickneo
2 months ago#8
Gamestop if #$@$ terrible, im surprised they are still in business.

They sell new games for $60, they buy it from you for $10 then resell the same used game for $50.

You want a used game for a great deal? Look on ebay.

User Info: JayDotKill

JayDotKill
2 months ago#9
Are we really complaining about a 5 dollar difference?
Elizabeth Olsen is hot af
Currently playing: GTA Online, Battlefield 1, Mortal Kombat X, Rainbow Six Siege, Ghost Recon

User Info: KiltyMcBagpipes

KiltyMcBagpipes
2 months ago#10
shotgunheadshot posted...

True. I buy used whenever possible.
i7 Extreme 6950X | 4x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 128GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz | 2x Samsung 850 Evo 2TB SSD (RAID)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Best Buy even trying to compete with GameStop in terms of used games??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived