So if you just have a 1080p TV how much better will the X look?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So if you just have a 1080p TV how much better will the X look?

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
2 months ago#1
Has Microsoft released any comparison videos for the original Xbox one versus the Xbox one x if you're still going to use a 1080P TV?

Has anyone seen any comparison videos?
#BanBlobboyendings

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
2 months ago#2
I don't believe it has been done yet. You will likely be looking at things like a more stable framerate, better textures/shadows, and a bit of a sharper picture thanks to supersampling. No real world examples yet though as far as I know.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

User Info: K4P_Link

K4P_Link
2 months ago#3
Not worth it. You should buy a 4k TV before you waste money on a minimal upgrade like the X.
Hotter than you in real life :)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1580697/

User Info: Arizona_Joe

Arizona_Joe
2 months ago#4
K4P_Link posted...
Not worth it. You should buy a 4k TV before you waste money on a minimal upgrade like the X.

If you're buying an X simply for how pretty it looks then I agree with this. It'll have some slight performance boosts as well like load times and solid framerate so if that is the bigger selling point to you then yes it'll be worth it. Side by sides you can see the difference but I wouldn't call any of it a game changer.

4k HDR owners are gonna see the major difference. 1080p owners won't get anything to justify the price unless they're in the process of getting a 4k TV in the next year.
http://i.imgur.com/VBDN2Pi.gif
https://wwewritten.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/r80.gif

User Info: Masamune_6969

Masamune_6969
2 months ago#5
Xbox One X is not a minimal upgrade, PS4 Pro is a minimal upgrade.

Xbox One X is 4.5x or 450% more powerful than a OG Xbox One.
Even without 4K it's gonna look much better with it supersampled to 1080p.

Mind blowing on a good 4K HDR tv.

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
2 months ago#6
Masamune_6969 posted...

All in all, the Xbox One X will definitely be the most powerful console on sale come Christmas. Question is, will it close the gap with Sony’s PS4 and PS4 Pro? Like Sony’s top console, the Xbox One X is not quite powerful enough to deliver 4K / 60fps on every title, so expect to see a bit of adjustment and crosshatch rendering to close the gap.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/251999-new-details-define-promise-limits-xbox-one-xs-4k-performance e:ra

Some would say they're both minimal upgrades...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
2 months ago#7
i often run DSR on my pc games which will output at a higher res i want to set it at but my display will downscale, and its nice and all. pretty taxing on my system and it smooths things out alot but its nothing really that special. unless i can max the game out and keep a solid framerate i really dont bother with it, and sometimes the UI gets scaled off wrong, especially for games like skyrim and some of the text will become unreadable if im running 2715x1527 DSR and downscaling on a 1080p tv. its slightly above 1440p res and manageable, but it would be great if it didnt gimp some of the menus and text sizes for me.

i dont know if thats just a conflict with a mod or if i was just doing something wrong but when i set it up just to run native resolution everything is fine. alot of my games handle dsr just fine but others just dont like it. if i go 4x dsr which is 4k res, my performance will tank in most games, but im only running a 970 and that card was absolutely never meant for 4k gaming and any modern game my fps would just tank to 25-30ish fps if i try to run the game at 4x dsr, newer games much less to where its pretty much not enjoyable to play at the framerates id get, even with the anti aliasing turned down, and the card still has a hard time holding 60fps at 1440p in most modern demanding games with the settings cranked. it was a great card for its time and it still kicks ass for 1080p but yeah its getting old now and im holding out until volta for an upgrade, but yeah the xbox one x will effectively be doing the same thing as DSR does on nvidia cards if youre only running off a 1080p/1440p display. its not a bad thing.

it actually improves the picture, but its using up alot of extra power to do it. for me its not worth it i would rather just run at native resolution with the settings cranked so im not pushing my gpu too hard and i could keep a solid framerate at the proper resolution i play at, but unless the developers choose to give you graphical options, you wont really have much of a choice. sure youll notice a little bit better picture, but unless its going to drive higher settings or framerates it might not be worth spending $500 whole new console for if youre still going to stick with the same 1080p display.

im not sure what amd's equivalent of dynamic super resolution is, but its the same concept pretty much. it helps smooth things out but imo its not worth the performance hit when you could be using the power to drive better settings at a solid framerate and not be pushing your gpu to its limits. but everybodies got their own opinions and tastes and some people like supersampling. i just use it on the less demanding games, and where i do notice an improvement when im running off a 1080p tv, i couldnt justify paying $500 just for those improvements when i already have an xbox.
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
2 months ago#8
quincy2000a posted...
Masamune_6969 posted...

All in all, the Xbox One X will definitely be the most powerful console on sale come Christmas. Question is, will it close the gap with Sony’s PS4 and PS4 Pro? Like Sony’s top console, the Xbox One X is not quite powerful enough to deliver 4K / 60fps on every title, so expect to see a bit of adjustment and crosshatch rendering to close the gap.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/251999-new-details-define-promise-limits-xbox-one-xs-4k-performance e:ra

Oh look.
The dude with the boat named same.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
2 months ago#9
quincy2000a posted...
Masamune_6969 posted...

You quoting some article from some nameless site isn't gonna do you any good QuincyBoy.
The Xbox One X puts the Pro to shame.
And it can definitely do 4k on every title, but it's up to the developers to decide what to do with the extra power.
It must be really hard for you living in a world where Microsoft has the most powerful console.
Poor thing...

https://youtu.be/A46H07thfek
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
2 months ago#10
quincy2000a posted...
Like Sony’s top console, the Xbox One X is not quite powerful enough to deliver 4K / 60fps on every title

The highest of the high end PCs aren't even capable of that, why would a console that is a fraction of the cost be expected to?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So if you just have a 1080p TV how much better will the X look?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived