Anyones xbox ever over heat before??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyones xbox ever over heat before??

User Info: CrazyGuy1628

CrazyGuy1628
4 weeks ago#1
Ive been playing alot of the minecraft update lately and nothing else and so far it's over heated about 4 times in the past week.

Its only done this while playing minecraft because I havent played anything else yet. Was wondering if this is a start of a down hill path.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIPEOzgjcVPnGCbT68Oi8A

User Info: Dfy556

Dfy556
4 weeks ago#2
I got mine in 2014. Gradually, it has been running hotter and hotter. It's never overheated, but it's heat output has been becoming more concerning. I wouldn't be surprised to learn of overheating issues in older XB1 models

User Info: Pizzatarian

Pizzatarian
4 weeks ago#3
My console has not overheated, but the fan has gotten really loud a couple times for a few seconds.
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." SR3

CrazyGuy1628
4 weeks ago#4
I have the day one edition and it's gotten pretty loud with other games and I guess minecraft is taking it over the edge?

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
4 weeks ago#5
Mine has never overheated, but sometimes the fan gets noticeably loud for a few seconds after immediately restarting Black Ops 3 after closing the game app. I find that restarting Black Ops 3 resolves connection issues to the game, so I do that sometimes.

User Info: JayDotKill

JayDotKill
4 weeks ago#6
Hucast9 posted...
Mine has never overheated, but sometimes the fan gets noticeably loud for a few seconds after immediately restarting Black Ops 3 after closing the game app. I find that restarting Black Ops 3 resolves connection issues to the game, so I do that sometimes.

This. My Xbox gets ridiculously loud for a few seconds after I close a game and start another
Elizabeth Olsen is hot af
Currently playing: GTA Online, Battlefield 1, Mortal Kombat X, Rainbow Six Siege, Ghost Recon

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
4 weeks ago#7
Mine gradually started getting hotter through out the 2nd year I had it. By the middle of the 3rd year the fans kept humming full speed like a jet engine. I found a video on youtube to on how to take it apart and I cleaned it with canned air to get all the dust out. Put it back together and it's been working great for the past 2 years or so.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
4 weeks ago#8
My roommate has a used One that he bought off a friend (no telling how it was treated before) 3 years ago that runs basically nonstop from about 10am to 3am 7 days a week, including in the middle of Summer with no AC, and has never had overheating issues.

User Info: John-Dana

John-Dana
4 weeks ago#9
Is your Xbox in an enclosed space? Such as in a shelf. Moving it may help.
Always, ALWAYS have a backup plan. If that fails, have a backup-backup plan. If that fails...

CrazyGuy1628
4 weeks ago#10
Huh, maybe it is just dusty like dirk said.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyones xbox ever over heat before??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived