Microsoft reportedly in talks to extend PUBG Xbox One console exclusivity

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft reportedly in talks to extend PUBG Xbox One console exclusivity

User Info: ColorBlindGamer

ColorBlindGamer
2 months ago#1
At E3 2017, Microsoft announced that smash hit title PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will be making its way to the Xbox One later this year as a "console launch exclusive". Put simply, this means that the game - already available on PC - will most likely be a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, that will expand to other platforms later.

However, new reports now claim that Microsoft is in talks with the developer, Bluehole Inc., regarding an extension in this console exclusivity.

This is a smart move from Microsoft. Also a (Suck it!) move to the console competition.

According to Bloomberg, console exclusivity usually lasts for three months, providing enough time to promote a console. However, with the meteoric rise in the popularity of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, it's no surprise that Microsoft is looking to extend this agreement.

If these talks succeed, the title could potentially be a console exclusive for the Xbox One until mid-2018, and even longer. This would mean that PlayStation 4 gamers would have to wait an even longer period of time than previously anticipated to get their hands on the title.

This is great news if it happens for Xbox owners. I'm sorry to bring these bad news for the IT crowd as I know it's been a rough week already for your guys but hopefully you'll get over it.

Discuss.

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-reportedly-in-talks-to-extend-pubg-xbox-one-console-exclusivity
Nothing comes out as you plan it out to be.

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
2 months ago#2
Pure evil.
Xbox One & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
2 months ago#3
That’s quite sad. MS could use that money to actually create a new game so gamers can get something else to play, instead they’re choosing to spend it on keeping a game away from some gamers a little while longer.

User Info: JohnWall32

JohnWall32
2 months ago#4
yeah i saw this on the ps4 board. i own both consoles so not that big of a deal to me but i definitely prefer the ds4 controller for shooters. flipped with those shoulder buttons is perfect.
GOTY - Cuphead

User Info: GladiatorDanger

GladiatorDanger
2 months ago#5
This is cute, Xbox owners clinging to a timed exclusive that is already available on PC to save their dying console, sad thing is the game isn't even that good and has money grubbing practices that rival even the greediest of AAA publishers.

The game is pretty one note and creatively bankrupt, once you get tired of it's one game mode and one map there really isn't much to see, go play Fortnight instead, at least that game has a bit more variety.

Mario786 posted...
That’s quite sad. MS could use that money to actually create a new game so gamers can get something else to play, instead they’re choosing to spend it on keeping a game away from some gamers a little while longer.

Yeah like ACTUAL exclusives that would give at least some reason to own their console, I doubt timed exclusive deals for games already available on PC are really going to inspire people to go out and buy an Xbox.
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible

User Info: SonyPonyTony

SonyPonyTony
2 months ago#6
Virtually no reason to own a playstation now, all the buzz is at Xbox this sucks for us
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil
(message deleted)

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
2 months ago#8
GladiatorDanger posted...
This is cute, Xbox owners clinging to a timed exclusive that is already available on PC to save their dying console, sad thing is the game isn't even that good and has money grubbing practices that rival even the greediest of AAA publishers.

The game is pretty one note and creatively bankrupt, once you get tired of it's one game mode and one map there really isn't much to see, go play Fortnight instead, at least that game has a bit more variety.

Mario786 posted...

Yeah like ACTUAL exclusives that would give at least some reason to own their console, I doubt timed exclusive deals for games already available on PC are really going to inspire people to go out and buy an Xbox.

Salty as f***.
Xbox One & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: EastCoastKody

EastCoastKody
2 months ago#9
smart move. this game has blown up astronomically since E3.

they're probably willing to bet the farm on this game. the pubg ppl wouldn't do it. But i bet microsoft is throwing out big bucks to get them to be a console exclusive.

must b nice for the pubg dudes.

they are the belle of the ball

User Info: GladiatorDanger

GladiatorDanger
2 months ago#10
RonBurgundy929 posted...
GladiatorDanger posted...

Mario786 posted...

Salty as f***.

Here you go mang

http://store.steampowered.com/app/578080/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS/

Steam users been playing this since March, as you can see by the negative reviews PC players are already sick of their bulls***. Take it from somebody who has actually played it, if you were hoping this game would save the Xbox One you might want to think again.
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft reportedly in talks to extend PUBG Xbox One console exclusivity

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived