Have they explained why digital games are the same price as physical?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Have they explained why digital games are the same price as physical?

User Info: AnonymousFriend

AnonymousFriend
1 month ago#61
madrileno23 posted...
genesis145 posted...
Well one factor is with digital you can download it as many times as you want on however many backup devices as you want. That alone warrants the same price as physical seeing as if you lose or somehow mess up your disc you can't just go get another copy. The literal ONLY downside to digital (that I can think of) is not being able to resell. But if you don't care about reselling then that doesn't matter.

No, PSN and XBL both have limits to how many system you have your content used on, I think its 5 for PS4 and 5 or 10 for XB, but not sure

He didn't say consoles. He said backups. Plug a portable HDD in, download your content, plug another one in, download your content and so forth.
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend

User Info: IloveElite

IloveElite
1 month ago#62
Why?

Because console owners lack the willpower to hold back and lack the intellect to understand they are being ripped off. So they pay anyway.

Digital - pay more, get less!
My PS4 pro will be ..sadly.. The last ever console I buy.

User Info: Rings

Rings
1 month ago#63
IloveElite posted...
Why?

Because console owners lack the willpower to hold back and lack the intellect to understand they are being ripped off. So they pay anyway.

Digital - pay more, get less!

I couldn't disagree more with this comment.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion though.
Xbox One S (Blue Limited Edition)
Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40gHz / 16GB RAM / GeForce GTX 960

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
1 month ago#64
Mario786 posted...
Because undercutting physical retail stores will negatively impact their partnerships.

GinsuVictim posted...
You're paying for the license, not the delivery method.

Two bangers right off the top. Well done, i'm super impressed. #2 and #3 summed it up.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 month ago#65
@IloveElite

Well seeing as I pay twenty pounds for AAA games on release that are already loaded and ready on my Console one minute past midnight I think I am getting a pretty f***ing good deal.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: ZDT_Leader

ZDT_Leader
1 month ago#66
I would feel legit ripped if I spent 100 bucks for destiny 2 and the season pass with digital content when I could've gotten the Gamestop Special Edition (which I did) for the same price and get an awesome box that has stories and artwork, a nifty steel case and a few other things for the exact same price.
LoL IGN/Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007

User Info: EastCoastKody

EastCoastKody
1 month ago#67
cuz if games were cheaper digitally......the move to all digital would happen even quicker than it already is. and it would hurt too many retailers bottom lines. But thats probably over exaggerated a little. Cuz its not like if ppl stop buying videogames at walmart...its gonna kill walmart.

ZDT_Leader
1 month ago#68
EastCoastKody posted...
cuz if games were cheaper digitally......the move to all digital would happen even quicker than it already is. and it would hurt too many retailers bottom lines. But thats probably over exaggerated a little. Cuz its not like if ppl stop buying videogames at walmart...its gonna kill walmart.

I mean I kinda get game companies doing it because of what has been said above but I feel like the Big 3 (Microsoft,Sony,Nintendo) could sell them slightly cheaper to get more sales directly to them. I mean seriously.. Oh man what will the retailers do? Not advertise them? A console will sell due to tv ads, online ads and word of mouth more than a Walmart or Gamestop. them getting less advertisement wouldn't hurt them at all really.

User Info: Otterz4Life

Otterz4Life
1 month ago#69
Physical games being cheaper new and used is a big reason I'm still doing physical.

ZDT_Leader
1 month ago#70
Otterz4Life posted...
Physical games being cheaper new and used is a big reason I'm still doing physical.

I get used games being cheaper and as I said there are some tantalizing things that make me want physical but that's besides the point.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Have they explained why digital games are the same price as physical?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived