Do you buy too many games therefore have tons of unfinished games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you buy too many games therefore have tons of unfinished games?

User Info: Net Shark

Net Shark
2 months ago#1
This is my problem by far. I jump around way too much and don’t focus on 1 game long. For instance I want Forza 7 bad but I’m trying to tell myself I still have tons to do in Forza 5, 6 and H2 and 3! Been playing POE tons and then I bought Cuphead,etc. New COD time soon and Star Wars BF2. My backlog is ridiculous to say the least. It’s overwhelming!
Money can buy happiness don't kid yourself! GT: Net Sh4rk

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
2 months ago#2
Yes.
XBL-AMITYPREDATOR75
Yeah, Gamefaqs is the pimple on the backside of the internet. The moderators are the ingrown hairs. --Me

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
2 months ago#3
This sounds like me. Only games like Skyrim and Witcher pull me in enough to play nothing but them for weeks and weeks. I get bored with a lot of games after about a week and then move to another game. Then when I return to something I haven't played in a while, I restart it because I forgot the controls, story, and what I was doing. Make it about half way, switch games again, lather, rinse, repeat. I was completely involved with Dragon's Dogma, then suddenly find myself wanting to play MGS5 out of nowhere. Of course I had to start MGS5 over again, so back to square one.

I didn't do this when I was young because I couldn't afford more games. I think just having so many games makes me want to keep switching around to play different ones. I try to make a plan for myself and sometimes that works. I pin games to my dash in the order I want to complete them.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: K_ROC

K_ROC
2 months ago#4
The problem is everything seems to release at the same time. Which makes you rush through stuff you otherwise wouldn’t.
PSN: Fancy-Raptor
GT: spoon 0f doom

User Info: Jester69

Jester69
2 months ago#5
Yes I do. I still need to beat the Witcher 3 Blood and Wine DLC (Pretty sure I am almost done), I bought Hitman season 1 for a discounted price (played about 4 hours of it), Destiny 2 came out, Dragons Dogma, Pillars of Eternity, and recently just bought Divinity: Original Sin because my buddy and me want to play it through together.

Main reason I am staying away from the new Assassin's Creed. I want to clear up some of my back log before Black Friday.

Net Shark
2 months ago#6
I also have a gamer son that has different taste in games than me. So I buy him games that I never touch but I would if I had the time. I’m loaded with unfinished and or never touched games. A good problem to have I guess?

User Info: KillaJamm

KillaJamm
2 months ago#7
All the time, the worst is when you buy something because its on sale, play for an hour or 2 and forget about it, then it's on GWG or PlayStation Plus for free a few months down the line lol
Gamertag: KillaJamm
PSN: BreathyWaliams

User Info: b166er01

b166er01
2 months ago#8
A good problem to have I guess?

I think it's safe to call it a first world problem lol
Yes, I wear glasses. No, I'm not a hipster; I actually need them

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
2 months ago#9
b166er01 posted...
A good problem to have I guess?

I think it's safe to call it a first world problem lol

I think that goes without saying for any problem you'll find people complaining about on a video game message board.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

Net Shark
2 months ago#10
When I see people posting there is nothing to play I’m like really?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you buy too many games therefore have tons of unfinished games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived