Halo MCC: Should I skip Halo 1 and jump to Halo 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Halo MCC: Should I skip Halo 1 and jump to Halo 2?

User Info: newsuperdude

newsuperdude
2 months ago#31
Halo 1 has arguably the best campaign out of all of them. A lot of people might not agree with me, but Reach is my second favorite.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/superdude-2.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/Speeddemon1414/Set5/superdude10294.jpg

User Info: zombody

zombody
2 months ago#32
newsuperdude posted...
Halo 1 has arguably the best campaign out of all of them. A lot of people might not agree with me, but Reach is my second favorite.

I agree, but I love Halo 1's campaign because it still has some of that old school fps dodging in it.

You can dodge a lot of damage just by knowing how to move around, I was pleasantly surprised replaying it in the MCC. I LOVE games where dodging player skill is a thing (New Doom ;) )
This George Carlin quote sums up Meta Critic..."Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
2 months ago#33
JoeyBowey posted...
Halo 1 is the best campaign of the franchise...

I think I like Halo 3's the best. With Halo 1 in second and Halo 2 a close third.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: codman4

codman4
2 months ago#34
GTAcrazy posted...
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
Me and a friend just finished Halo CE last night, and the last third of the game was just a slog. Getting one-shotted by rocket launcher Flood, being stuck in claustrophobic areas with enemies that blow up when shot, and enemies that spawn behind you are just not fun at all.

We are hoping that Halo 2 and onward fix these design (imo) missteps.

I see you had some trouble with the library lol

I haven't played this series in years, and recently started replaying them. I was surprised to find myself thinking the same things. I guess my nostalgia remembered the first game much differently. I am about halfway through the second one and like it much better, even though back in the day I thought it was worse.

I think the repetitive environments and certain cheap sections are less fun now than back in the day.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Halo MCC: Should I skip Halo 1 and jump to Halo 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived