Will a new xbox x be better than a pc with a gtx 1070?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will a new xbox x be better than a pc with a gtx 1070?

User Info: Noyack

Noyack
2 months ago#1
I would normally say no, it won't be. But I have read articles that due to console optimization there is a chance that xbox x versions will be better than even 1080 pc versions.

I ask because I have a 1070pc, and would love for the xbox x to take over as truly my one place to play all games.

Right now, I'm spliting my gaming. I want to buy the evil within 2, should i get it on xbox and wait for update, or should i just get it on my pc.

P.S. my pc is hooked to my 4k tv.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
2 months ago#2
I always see your posts on the Switch board. I didn't know you were out on this board too.
Favorite NFL Teams: Cowboys/Rams.

User Info: coldisgood

coldisgood
2 months ago#3
I think you answered your own question until more information and comparisons come out. But if it's speculated to be better than a 1080... then yes it will be better than a 1070. But we'll have to wait and see
<code> M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliver a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth </code>

User Info: killaSeason007

killaSeason007
2 months ago#4
For exclusives I would say yeah, but all around I think a 1070 will be better

User Info: Noyack

Noyack
2 months ago#5
Yeah, I love my switch.

I have a
pc-gtx 1070, 16gb ram, i5 4770k, with a dell 1440p gsync

xbox s

and a switch
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: killaSeason007

killaSeason007
2 months ago#6
supertecmobowl posted...
I always see your posts on the Switch board. I didn't know you were out on this board too.

Damn who did u root for in the Cowboys rams game?

I'm a cowboys fan we are off to a rough start

User Info: b166er01

b166er01
2 months ago#7
killaSeason007 posted...
supertecmobowl posted...

Damn who did u root for in the Cowboys rams game?

I'm a cowboys fan we are off to a rough start

Dude. When the boys played Rams AND gb, the scores wer almost identical. 35-30 rams and 35-31gb. Wth man?
Yes, I wear glasses. No, I'm not a hipster; I actually need them

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
2 months ago#8
some it will, some it wont. the x1x will still only be playing most games at 4k/30 of which a 1070 will also get you that in most instances and frequently will go over.
Currently playing: Forza Horizon 3 - Dead Rising - Hitman

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
2 months ago#9
coldisgood posted...
I think you answered your own question until more information and comparisons come out. But if it's speculated to be better than a 1080... then yes it will be better than a 1070. But we'll have to wait and see

Unless the xbox one x can play forza 7 at 8k 60 fps on high settings then its not better than the 1070.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGM9v2q0qWI

Just looking at its specs it should be as strong as the rx 580 and with optimization maybe putting it in between the 580 and 1070.

Also keep in mind that any 1070 build that was built this or last year will likely have a much faster cpu so the xbox one x is much weaker if you put that into consideration. Even 5 year old cpus kick the jaguar's ass.

Xbox One X is basically a mid tier 2017 PC.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
2 months ago#10
Well yes and no. Yes if they could do console specific games; the X would smash.

But sadly console parity will make it not up to it's potential.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will a new xbox x be better than a pc with a gtx 1070?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived