Dumb question about X and 4K movies

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Dumb question about X and 4K movies

User Info: steviekool

steviekool
1 month ago#11
twinstarnumber1 posted...
Apple was literally last to the game with 4K. Amazon and Vudu have new movies to rent and buy to watch in 4K/HDR, vewiable on a PS4 pro. More so most 4k TVs have apps built in that allow you to watch new movies in 4K, yours doesn’t?

Honestly I never really looked in the smart app of my tv. Reason being I always felt, “of course I could be wrong”, that a dedicated machine can do it better than an app on tv. I’ll check it out though now that I know better. Thanks.

Also, as far as on my PS4, the few times I watched anything was always a movie I would rent through the psn store, never through An app like vudu or Netflix on the PS4. Just in the store, scrolled down to movies, and picked from there. It just plays there when I purchase.
I guess now I know these apps do this with 4K.

You all saved me $200. Thanks.

I used to keep up with all this s*** but through the years now after marriage, kids, work, etc, you just stop following as much with what’s going on.

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
1 month ago#12
steviekool posted...
that a dedicated machine can do it better than an app on tv.

The apps on TV are kind of garbage. Personally I prefer using a $80-$100 Roku instead of the apps.

Looks like the Roku Ultra($100) and Premiere($80) have HDR and UHD.
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Dumb question about X and 4K movies

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived