I feel sorry for the devs of PUBG because Fortnite has just stole its thunder

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I feel sorry for the devs of PUBG because Fortnite has just stole its thunder

User Info: Ammonitida

Ammonitida
2 months ago#41
FlameVegaXV posted...
Ammonitida posted...
FlameVegaXV posted...
Ammonitida posted...
RikashiX posted...
I think it was a smart move from the devs of Fortnite and they made it into their own thing since you can craft your own hideouts and whatnot.

I don't think they stole anything.

Play both games. They stole the entire gameplay design. For example, the way the energy barrier shrinks is identical to PUBG.

They both stole the idea from the manga/movie "Batte Royale"

That's not stealing. I'm talking about the rules of this Battle Royale. They're identical to PUBG.

That's what I meant they copied the rules of battle royale (zones getting smaller) from "Battle Royale" the premise isn't original to pubg.

It's HOW they get smaller. It's identical to PUBG. Then there's other numerous interface and gameplay similarities.

User Info: Panner

Panner
2 months ago#42
Ammonitida posted...
FlameVegaXV posted...
Ammonitida posted...
FlameVegaXV posted...
Ammonitida posted...
RikashiX posted...
I think it was a smart move from the devs of Fortnite and they made it into their own thing since you can craft your own hideouts and whatnot.

Play both games. They stole the entire gameplay design. For example, the way the energy barrier shrinks is identical to PUBG.

That's not stealing. I'm talking about the rules of this Battle Royale. They're identical to PUBG.

That's what I meant they copied the rules of battle royale (zones getting smaller) from "Battle Royale" the premise isn't original to pubg.

It's HOW they get smaller. It's identical to PUBG. Then there's other numerous interface and gameplay similarities.

PUBG zones getting smaller is the same way it does it in H1Z1. It's where PUBG stole it from.
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3

User Info: hotmj023

hotmj023
2 months ago#43
Panner posted...
Ammonitida posted...
FlameVegaXV posted...
Ammonitida posted...
FlameVegaXV posted...
Ammonitida posted...
RikashiX posted...

PUBG zones getting smaller is the same way it does it in H1Z1. It's where PUBG stole it from.

Yep
FF7 - 8.9
ff13 - 7.0 - Majority rules

User Info: ColorBlindGamer

ColorBlindGamer
2 months ago#44
Shankis posted...
The only thing Fortnite has stolen is early access player's money.

Probably why Tc made this topic. To reassure himself he made the right invest. Since he most likely has to wait for the console release
Nothing comes out as you plan it out to be.

User Info: SpongeBob_SP

SpongeBob_SP
2 months ago#45
I'm not really into the Battle Royale genre, but Fortnite looks way more fun than PUBG, personally. And it's free, so why the hell not? lol

User Info: MachineZed

MachineZed
2 months ago#46
Panner posted...
Ammonitida posted...
FlameVegaXV posted...
Ammonitida posted...
FlameVegaXV posted...
Ammonitida posted...
RikashiX posted...

Well considering that the guy that made H1Z1 is the guy that made PUBG,
---
Promote what you love rather than bash what you hate.

User Info: Ammonitida

Ammonitida
2 months ago#47
Well considering that the guy that made H1Z1 is the guy that made PUBG,

Ah. So plagiarism is back on.

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
2 months ago#48
I'm confused as to how Epic suing cheaters brought this conversation about tbh
Currently Playing: Adventures of Pip (XONE); Titanfall (XONE); Splatoon (Wii U); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); RuneScape (PC)

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
2 months ago#49
7 GAMES LIKE PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/26/7-games-like-playerunknowns-battlegrounds???
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 months ago#50
im not liking fortnite BR very much. it takes me longer to get into a match than i get to play one. (counting the "waiting for more players" and dropping to the island).
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
"dont call gay art gay" -some mod. then WHAT is it, and WHATS its name????
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I feel sorry for the devs of PUBG because Fortnite has just stole its thunder

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived