Weird controller issue...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Weird controller issue...

User Info: Assassin_X_Geth

Assassin_X_Geth
1 month ago#1
So having had an Xbox, 360 and the One, I've never really had a controller issue.

So I bought my XO Nov of 2016. I can't say I play it all that often. And I keep my controller in a drawer and don't abuse it or drop it...etc. Well yesterday when I turned it on (and it turned on the XO) I went to select something on screen and suddenly my controller light starts blinking. Then after about 10 seconds it was white again and I could briefly used it for a few seconds. Then it went back to blinking. After 10 seconds of blinking the controller shut off.

I've replaced the battery with a new one. I've restarted the system. I've tried syncing the controller with the XO. I've tried everything and it won't stop doing it. Thankfully I bought a MS bluray remote so I could watch my movie. I don't have a second controller to try out.

So is this a controller issue or something else? Maybe a signal issue? I do have a roku, 360, smartphone...etc in the same spot. I also have a new "Hue" light system that uses a wireless signal too. Could all this be screwing up the XO signal? Granted it didn't before. Really annoyed because the cost of controllers are crazy.
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.

User Info: MichelleFoh

MichelleFoh
1 month ago#2
Assassin_X_Geth posted...
So having had an Xbox, 360 and the One, I've never really had a controller issue.

So I bought my XO Nov of 2016. I can't say I play it all that often. And I keep my controller in a drawer and don't abuse it or drop it...etc. Well yesterday when I turned it on (and it turned on the XO) I went to select something on screen and suddenly my controller light starts blinking. Then after about 10 seconds it was white again and I could briefly used it for a few seconds. Then it went back to blinking. After 10 seconds of blinking the controller shut off.

I've replaced the battery with a new one. I've restarted the system. I've tried syncing the controller with the XO. I've tried everything and it won't stop doing it. Thankfully I bought a MS bluray remote so I could watch my movie. I don't have a second controller to try out.

So is this a controller issue or something else? Maybe a signal issue? I do have a roku, 360, smartphone...etc in the same spot. I also have a new "Hue" light system that uses a wireless signal too. Could all this be screwing up the XO signal? Granted it didn't before. Really annoyed because the cost of controllers are crazy.

Plug it in with a usb wire, and navigate to the Xbox accessories app, and check for a update. The wireless c9ntrollers have update a now, if that doesn't fix it then idk 😯
"36c-26-46! I'm the one of hottest gamer chicks you'll find honey"

Assassin_X_Geth
1 month ago#3
Hmm, seems to be up to date. Weird.

Assassin_X_Geth
1 month ago#4
After doing some more research it said it could be a bluetooth from another device is screwing it up. Only bluetooth items I have near the XO is a roku. Everything else connects using the ethernet cables. Though I did add a Philips Hue Bridge, which connects to a light through bluetooth. Though when I contacted Philips they said the Hue Bridge doesn't interfere with the signal and if anything works with XO and some games. Sort of unsure what else to do.

This is the original XO controller. Could it be my new router? It just got replaced a few days ago. If it was the 4.2ghz (is that its frequency?) how could I change it on the router?

User Info: zico291

zico291
1 month ago#5
I have the same problem with my Elite controller. Are you using the new design controller (The white one that comes with the Xbox One S)?

Assassin_X_Geth
1 month ago#6
Nope this is the original design. But I found the problem just a minute ago.

Moved my XO to another room and the controller worked fine. Which means its something in my main room that uses bluetooth or some wireless setting that is screwing up my controller. In this case it has to be the Philips Hue light since thats the only thing I added within the last week.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Weird controller issue...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived