I have a really nice 4k TV and nothing 4k related to use on it.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I have a really nice 4k TV and nothing 4k related to use on it.

User Info: JaegerFox

JaegerFox
1 month ago#1
I have a PS4 and I'm getting annoyed at the fact that I have this TV and it's not being used for gaming in 4K.

So naturally I'm thinking about the X1X, but I'm just put off by the fact that it'll be primarily used as a single player multi platform console. All my friends have PS4's so multiplayer games would generally have to be on that system.

From what I can see, there is not one note worthy exclusive for X1X and the price isn't attractive either.

So basically, I'm looking to wait for a decent discount and what I'm asking for are other reasons this system should be enticing to me.

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
1 month ago#2
Provisional troll account.
Xbox One & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
1 month ago#3
If you don’t like what’s been shown off, then there’s really not much for you on X1 at all.

If nothing else, find a cheap way to upgrade to a PS4 Pro if you really want to game at up to 4K and prefer what PS4 has to offer, otherwise just stick with what you have or pick up a cheap S and get Game Pass to try out the different games available.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

JaegerFox
1 month ago#4
RonBurgundy929 posted...
Provisional troll account.

Whatever you say dude.

JaegerFox
1 month ago#5
flame030191 posted...
If you don’t like what’s been shown off, then there’s really not much for you on X1 at all.

If nothing else, find a cheap way to upgrade to a PS4 Pro if you really want to game at up to 4K and prefer what PS4 has to offer, otherwise just stick with what you have or pick up a cheap S and get Game Pass to try out the different games available.

Well I was advised against getting a pro if I really wanted a 4K system. I'm not sure what checkerboard 4K looks like compared to native but it sounds like a leap. Or maybe it's exaggerated, I don't really know.

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
1 month ago#6
JaegerFox posted...
flame030191 posted...

Well I was advised against getting a pro if I really wanted a 4K system. I'm not sure what checkerboard 4K looks like compared to native but it sounds like a leap. Or maybe it's exaggerated, I don't really know.

Well according to M$, the Xbone X is the first and only "True 4K" console, so you have nothing to worry about lol.

http://www.gameondaily.com/microsoft-describes-project-scorpio-as-the-first-and-only-true-4k-console/
"The first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins" - Don Mattrick

User Info: b166er01

b166er01
1 month ago#7
I'd say get a 1x.
There's no rule that says you can't make new gaming friends online on a different console.

I mean, seriously, you can play your favorite mp games on ur ps and try upcoming mp games on 1x - gaining new friends in the process.

It's win all around. You make new friends, u can still play with the old ones, you have the option of the technically superior version of mp games, you still get your Sony exclusives, and you get some use out of your shiny tv
Yes, I wear glasses. No, I'm not a hipster; I actually need them

JaegerFox
1 month ago#8
b166er01 posted...
I'd say get a 1x.
There's no rule that says you can't make new gaming friends online on a different console.

I mean, seriously, you can play your favorite mp games on ur ps and try upcoming mp games on 1x - gaining new friends in the process.

It's win all around. You make new friends, u can still play with the old ones, you have the option of the technically superior version of mp games, you still get your Sony exclusives, and you get some use out of your shiny tv

Very valid point, thanks.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I have a really nice 4k TV and nothing 4k related to use on it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived