The Evil Within 2 has sold less than a quarter of the original at retail in UK.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Evil Within 2 has sold less than a quarter of the original at retail in UK.

User Info: Risa_Omomo

Risa_Omomo
1 month ago#1
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-16-the-evil-within-2-physical-sales-were-quarter-of-original

Dayuuuum... Even if it has positive scores, sales is what matters the most. It's what keeps developers working on the series. They should have forced Japanese honcho "Shinji Mikami" to continue being the director. His name alone as director would have quadrupled the sales.

(I wonder how much were the PC and digital sales...)
CFW Trick and Kotoko Utsugi's father are my idols.

User Info: thelwebb100

thelwebb100
1 month ago#2
Who cares about some retail store in the UK. Get back to me when it shows worldwide sales!
"You should clone yourself while your still alive"

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
1 month ago#3
I'm still waiting to see how it does in total. Those were just physical sales for one day in the UK, right? (since it came out on Friday)

Either way it's a great game. I normally wouldn't even care about sales at all, but I hope it does well because I wouldn't mind seeing another entry sometime in the future.
XBL- cheezedadada / PSN- cheezedadadada

User Info: Harlem_Shogun

Harlem_Shogun
1 month ago#4
Excellent. Pretty much guarantees it will be really cheap come Black Friday / Cyber Monday. 😈

User Info: pobbes

pobbes
1 month ago#5
That's unfortunate. My brother is playing it and he's enjoying it so far.

User Info: RikashiX

RikashiX
1 month ago#6
Harlem_Shogun posted...
Excellent. Pretty much guarantees it will be really cheap come Black Friday / Cyber Monday. 😈

Well I hope it gains more ground, so you don't get it on those days. :)
"Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito" - GT NihonjinRikugun
3DS FC: 3067-8390-9586

User Info: Fishbulb

Fishbulb
1 month ago#7
Not surprised. The first one had lots of hype. This one is probably technically better, but also at the same time "more of the same" in a lot of ways.
Greedy angels spitting glory on your failure.

User Info: Reel_Big_Mike

Reel_Big_Mike
1 month ago#8
I think you're going to see this trend with almost every new big release to varying degrees because of the increase in digital sales. There's no real solid and easily available data on digital sales, so if you're just going off retail numbers, there's almost certainly going to be a decline from previous years.

User Info: Tyrone13

Tyrone13
1 month ago#9
youve got to remember when reading such things that digital is very relevant and not tracked, physical for most games get dwarfed by digital sales ala destiny 2 and GTsport
GT/STEAM: Tyron3L1o PSN: TyroneLio

User Info: Crazen16

Crazen16
1 month ago#10
The article doesn't state if they are comparing sales on just ps4 and xbox one. Don't forget evil within was also on 360 and ps3.
The only one who can fool me is me and i did it once and i don't know why but dammit he must have had it coming!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Evil Within 2 has sold less than a quarter of the original at retail in UK.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived