Digital Foundry--The Evil Within 2 Evaluation

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry--The Evil Within 2 Evaluation

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
1 month ago#101
archibald3 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
archibald3 posted...
You have been saying that Sony sold 63.3+ consoles since this last summer. It was shipped not sold. Lie.

Still not quite sure on this one, tb...lemme get back to you...
Sony's PlayStation 4 continues to dominate Microsoft's Xbox One and Nintendo's Switch. As of June 30, the PlayStation 4 reached 63.3 million consoles sold. That puts Sony in the lead by a mile.

Sony's PlayStation 4 continues to dominate as the world's most popular game console
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/ps4-playstation-4-sales-june-2017-8???

archibald3 posted...
You have been saying the Scorpio was in development 1 year longer than the Pro, with absolutely not one shred of evidence to back up that claim, when Sony themselves say they believe they started development before anyone else in early 2014. Lie

You're wrong here...and maybe if you could understand the language a little better you'd know why...

archibald3 posted...
Now you're saying they claimed no compromises as if they meant that literally when everyone knows that's a relative statement; it has to be compromised to sell as a $500 console, not a high-end computer costing thousands of dollars. Lie.

"the highest rez...the best framerate...no compromises"

The statement speaks for itself...there is no need for you to give your interpretation of what "they meant"...not that I haven't ever felt that you're on Phil's payroll...but you weren't on the reveal video...so I feel quite comfortable taking what was said at face value without you mucking it up...

Your response is no response at all..lol. It is 63 million shipped not sold and you've been lying about that for months.
Sony did say they believed they were the first in development and put the timeline in early 2014, long before there was any mention of Scorpio. If you can't prove otherwise you are just making that up.
As for the "compromise"; that's a "relative" statement, as no compromise for gaming is a $3000+ computer not a $500 console. You're either stupid or you're just pretending you don't understand that I'm leaning towards stupid.

I was following the media on those numbers and will continue to do so until I figure out what's what...

Actually, it's a bit over a year of extra dev at this point...

"the highest rez...the best framerate...no compromises"... that's plain English, tb...and I've always said you had a problem understanding it...you can't just take a direct quote and alter it willy nilly...well, I guess you just did it...so I'll just say a normal person wouldn't do it...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
1 month ago#102
quincy2000a posted...
archibald3 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
archibald3 posted...
You have been saying that Sony sold 63.3+ consoles since this last summer. It was shipped not sold. Lie.

Sony's PlayStation 4 continues to dominate Microsoft's Xbox One and Nintendo's Switch. As of June 30, the PlayStation 4 reached 63.3 million consoles sold. That puts Sony in the lead by a mile.

Sony's PlayStation 4 continues to dominate as the world's most popular game console
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/ps4-playstation-4-sales-june-2017-8???

archibald3 posted...
You have been saying the Scorpio was in development 1 year longer than the Pro, with absolutely not one shred of evidence to back up that claim, when Sony themselves say they believe they started development before anyone else in early 2014. Lie

You're wrong here...and maybe if you could understand the language a little better you'd know why...

archibald3 posted...
Now you're saying they claimed no compromises as if they meant that literally when everyone knows that's a relative statement; it has to be compromised to sell as a $500 console, not a high-end computer costing thousands of dollars. Lie.

The statement speaks for itself...there is no need for you to give your interpretation of what "they meant"...not that I haven't ever felt that you're on Phil's payroll...but you weren't on the reveal video...so I feel quite comfortable taking what was said at face value without you mucking it up...

Your response is no response at all..lol. It is 63 million shipped not sold and you've been lying about that for months.
Sony did say they believed they were the first in development and put the timeline in early 2014, long before there was any mention of Scorpio. If you can't prove otherwise you are just making that up.
As for the "compromise"; that's a "relative" statement, as no compromise for gaming is a $3000+ computer not a $500 console. You're either stupid or you're just pretending you don't understand that I'm leaning towards stupid.

I was following the media on those numbers and will continue to do so until I figure out what's what...

Actually, it's a bit over a year of extra dev at this point...

"the highest rez...the best framerate...no compromises"... that's plain English, tb...and I've always said you had a problem understanding it...you can't just take a direct quote and alter it willy nilly...well, I guess you just did it...so I'll just say a normal person wouldn't do it...

You're the one who alters the "highest resolution, best framerate, no compromises". That person who made that quote never said 4k 60fps, the Xbox One X hits higher than 4k occasionally in a game, and the One X uses HDMI 2.1 which is capable of 8k/60fps or 4k/120fps.

You saying 4k/60fps in all games is dishonest as that has never been guaranteed for all games and you alter it the quote. 4k/60fps is not even the best possible so your interpretation is still wrong.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
1 month ago#103
quincy2000a posted...
...so I'll just say a normal person wouldn't do it...

What kind of a "normal person" gets caught doing this multiple times while lecturing others about the truth?

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/73853399

https://i.imgur.com/DD7isOP.png
Xbox One & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: archibald3

archibald3
1 month ago#104
quincy2000a posted...
archibald3 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
archibald3 posted...

archibald3 posted...

archibald3 posted...

blah blah blah lie, blah blah blah insult, blah blah blah shill, blah blah blah lie etc.

You're a joke account now.
Arch.

quincy2000a
1 month ago#105
phoenix9291 posted...
You're the one who alters the "highest resolution, best framerate, no compromises". That person who made that quote never said 4k 60fps, the Xbox One X hits higher than 4k occasionally in a game, and the One X uses HDMI 2.1 which is capable of 8k/60fps or 4k/120fps.

It's not up to me to keep up with which of Phil's talking heads says what...I'm pointing out what was said...and never recanted...and Phil was right there in the video rah-rahhing what was being said...

If that or any part of that wasn't Phil's truth*, Phil wouldn't have let it stay in HIS video...

(*as opposed to the real truth which frequently does not jibe with Phil's comments/messaging)

archibald3 posted...

Ohhh, I'm cut to the quick...

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052015/1431016506_tractor_tire_hula_hooping.gif
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
1 month ago#106
The day is not complete without at least one, usually multiple, quincy meltdowns.

phoenix9291
1 month ago#107
quincy2000a posted...
phoenix9291 posted...

It's not up to me to keep up with which of Phil's talking heads says what...I'm pointing out what was said...and never recanted...and Phil was right there in the video rah-rahhing what was being said...

If that or any part of that wasn't Phil's truth*, Phil wouldn't have let it stay in HIS video...

(*as opposed to the real truth which frequently does not jibe with Phil's comments/messaging)

archibald3 posted...

Ohhh, I'm cut to the quick...

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052015/1431016506_tractor_tire_hula_hooping.gif

It is still accurate though. The One X has the highest resolution and framerate from what has been shown so far. If it equals or betters the other consoles out there then the statement still holds true.

quincy2000a
1 month ago#108
phoenix9291 posted...
It is still accurate though. The One X has the highest resolution and framerate from what has been shown so far. If it equals or betters the other consoles out there then the statement still holds true.

...simply put...and I'm tired of going on and on abut the same point with you...so if this is the last time I address this particular point with you, please understand...

No...the comment that I quoted is certainly not accurate in light of all the checkerboarding and sub 4k/60fps performance we are facing...

Your condensed comment is something I haven't even addressed or evaluated...I really find no reason to as I find it totally out of context in terms of the full quote...

phoenix9291
1 month ago#109
quincy2000a posted...
phoenix9291 posted...

...simply put...and I'm tired of going on and on abut the same point with you...so if this is the last time I address this particular point with you, please understand...

No...the comment that I quoted is certainly not accurate in light of all the checkerboarding and sub 4k/60fps performance we are facing...

Your condensed comment is something I haven't even addressed or evaluated...I really find no reason to as I find it totally out of context in terms of the full quote...

HDMI 2.1 is 8k/60fps or 4k/120fps. 4k/60fps is something that microsoft said the system would be capable of and it is. The person who stated highest resolution, best framerate, no compromises did not mention 4k/60fps herself. Nobody has stated 4k/60fps in all games.

You have been taking the highest resolution etc quote and adding what other people have said to it. Then you have been acting like it meant 4k/60fps for all games which has never been stated. 4k has been stated as a target for the console but never guaranteed.

If you take that "highest resolution, best framerate, no compromises" as it is since the lady who said it didn't mention any numbers and you look at the console utilizing hdmi 2.1 then you take it as either meaning 8k/60fps, 4k/120fps, or that what was meant was equal to or better than the competition. No normal person is going to think the first two.

Since the console has been out of development and officially unveiled this year there has not been anything said which agrees with what you've been going on about either.

User Info: Critter_crew

Critter_crew
1 month ago#110
I'm confused. Is there another console available that makes the resolution and framerate of the Xbox One X look compromised? I wasn't aware that there was.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry--The Evil Within 2 Evaluation

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived