So Uhhh..... Wheres the rts/strategy games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So Uhhh..... Wheres the rts/strategy games?

User Info: Big_Nabendu

Big_Nabendu
1 month ago#1
I just bought battle worlds kronos. A little turn based game. Hopefully it's good. It brings back advance wars memories for me. I know halo wars 2 is out but I don't have that yet. I saw Tropico 5 for the xbox one as well. But I have that for the 360.

Actually my rts/strategy game collection for the 360 is nice

Tropico 3/4/5
Command and conquer 3 red alert and tiberium wars. I don't have C&C 3 commanders challenge or kanes revenge
Universe at War
warhammer battle march
Halo wars
Supreme commanders 1 and 2
Tom Clancy end war
Ruse
Storm rise ..... Barf

So thats not bad right? A nice variety of different games for the 360

But where are the xbox one games?
Dashboard or die, forest ganker.
GT Nabendu \[T]/ Owner of 500 and Leader of sunbro board

User Info: THEaircobra

THEaircobra
1 month ago#2
Tropico 6 next year. You're not going to get much of this genre on console though.
GT: aircobra PSN: THEaircobra
gamerzfoundry.com-Currently a work-in-progress. PM if you would like to help!

User Info: zombody

zombody
1 month ago#3
RTS is a genre that has died across all consoles this gen...PC is your best bet for it.

Basically you have the choice of Halo Wars 1/2 (It's awesome that there's at least 1 AAA RTS game this gen!), Supreme Commander 2 with backwards compatibility, or AirMech Arena (A small free game that's actually quite good)

I am an RTS nut, and it sucks that it's a genre totally forgotten aside from Halo Wars 2. I'm hoping the C&C games get BC too, but who knows.

Edit: 8 bit armies was supposed to come out Oct. 31st, but looks like it's been delayed again to March
This George Carlin quote sums up Meta Critic..."Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
1 month ago#4
8-Bit Armies was supposed to release later this month, but now the release date says March, 27th, 2018. It's a RTS by ex-Command & Conquer devs.

Sudden Strike 4 is TBA. It's a World War ll RTS. It released not too long ago on PC & PS4.

Battle of the Bulge released not too long ago on Xbox One. It's a turn-based strategy game about the World War ll battle.

Smite Tactics.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

User Info: knight1014139

knight1014139
1 month ago#5
Halo Wars 2 is really good. I'm glad I picked it up.
XBL Gamertag: TheRevan Lord
https://youtu.be/goyZmicZkDQ

User Info: ThanosSupreme

ThanosSupreme
1 month ago#6
says "where are the RTS games" follows it up by saying "But I don't have Halo Wars 2" LUL
"That's how I determine which one to buy.No moved goalposts for me whichever one outperforms the other wins." - quincy2000a

User Info: Big_Nabendu

Big_Nabendu
1 month ago#7
Ok one halo wars 2 game is not in my possession.
So that's one

Where the f*** are the others? Compared to xbox 360 this is pitiful
Dashboard or die, forest ganker.
GT Nabendu \[T]/ Owner of 500 and Leader of sunbro board

User Info: FTWWholeFnShow

FTWWholeFnShow
1 month ago#8
Big_Nabendu posted...
I just bought battle worlds kronos. A little turn based game. Hopefully it's good. It brings back advance wars memories for me. I know halo wars 2 is out but I don't have that yet. I saw Tropico 5 for the xbox one as well. But I have that for the 360.

Actually my rts/strategy game collection for the 360 is nice

Tropico 3/4/5
Command and conquer 3 red alert and tiberium wars. I don't have C&C 3 commanders challenge or kanes revenge
Universe at War
warhammer battle march
Halo wars
Supreme commanders 1 and 2
Tom Clancy end war
Ruse
Storm rise ..... Barf

So thats not bad right? A nice variety of different games for the 360

But where are the xbox one games?

Hell give me C&C 3 and red alert 3.id be all over them
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/
Xbox One; Bennyhanna79

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
1 month ago#9
I forgot about Dungeons 3. It released today on Xbox One.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

User Info: zombody

zombody
1 month ago#10
Big_Nabendu posted...
Ok one halo wars 2 game is not in my possession.
So that's one

Where the f*** are the others? Compared to xbox 360 this is pitiful

It's across all consoles this gen, this isn't an xbox one only issue...and yes, it sucks
This George Carlin quote sums up Meta Critic..."Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So Uhhh..... Wheres the rts/strategy games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived