EA Shuts Down Visceral Games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. EA Shuts Down Visceral Games

User Info: WhiteRosse

WhiteRosse
1 month ago#41
That's unfortunate to lose a good IP.
Xbox One X and PC Master Race

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
1 month ago#42
GTAcrazy posted...
Mario786 posted...
GTAcrazy posted...
Mario786 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Mario786 posted...
Sony's the only big publisher left who's still invested in those games at this point. Everyone else has pretty much made their position on the matter very clear.

What about Nintendo?

Nintendo doesn't really make AAA games, most of their stuff is more in line with Indies in terms of production values. On top of that they don't really make games with stories barring Zelda, and 1 Zelda game every 5-6 years isn't really enough to make them relevant to this discussion.

They'd be more in line with some other independent dev/publisher teams like CDPR, Ninja Theory, etc. There's really no other publisher who has a list of big budget single player games coming out over the next couple years like Sony does with games like God of War, Days Gone, Detroit, Spiderman, Death Stranding, Last of Us 2, etc.

What have you been smoking

Which part of my post do you have an issue with? Point it out and present a counter-argument, stop with the childish insults.

The part about not making AAA games.
If Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Oddysey aren't AAA then I don't know what is.
P.s. What have you been smoking

I did say Zelda was the exception, point is Nintendo putting out a AAA game once every half a decade isn't enough to call them a "Big AAA Publisher", They need to be putting out atleast 1 game on that scale every year to be relevant in this discussion. I'm not trying to bash Nintendo here, you just need to comprehend the context of the discussion that's being had, rather than jumping to defend a company you love when they're not even being attacked.
Square Enix is someone I would name before Nintendo in this discussion. And Bethesda as well. Although they've both expressed their plans to go more a in the games as a service model in the future as well.

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
1 month ago#43
Splooie posted...
Looks like mario embarrassed himself out of another topic.

Yeah, these guys really embarrassed me by not being able to counter anything I said and just lolling like idiots...

User Info: Danimus

Danimus
1 month ago#44
I'm disappointed to hear this, does this mean that we can take "space" out of Dead Space or is there a possibility that EA will use a different developer to work on a future Dead Space game?

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
1 month ago#45
I guess ppl prefer their games 90 percent cut scenes and 10 percent gameplay
IT 2017 MOVIE OF THE YEAR

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
1 month ago#46
Danimus posted...
I'm disappointed to hear this, does this mean that we can take "space" out of Dead Space or is there a possibility that EA will use a different developer to work on a future Dead Space game?

Unless it sells over 5 million

Nope
IT 2017 MOVIE OF THE YEAR

User Info: mattglosbcfc

mattglosbcfc
1 month ago#47
TheWorId posted...
codman4 posted...
Pizzatarian posted...
INKU48 posted...
Most of the major players in the console industry are talking about shifting towards a Games As A Service model, including Microsoft, Ubisoft and EA.

Blizzard / Activision with Overwatch and Destiny

Rockstar with GTA 5

Square Enix - http://wccftech.com/games-as-service-mainstream-model/

Welp, I'm glad that I have a backlog of a thousand games to hold me over if the industry turns to crap.

If? The industry's already 1000x more s*** than it has ever been since the conception of video games. This is gaming's darkest hour.

I agree.
Sadly some people lap it up and spend a s*** ton of money on bulls*** micro transactions in the likes of cod and GTA.
Anything to get an advantage I guess.
It's ruining the industry badly.

Fortunately, like someone sad, I have a massive backlog to keep me going a while.

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
1 month ago#48
Mario786 posted...
GTAcrazy posted...
Mario786 posted...
GTAcrazy posted...
Mario786 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Mario786 posted...
Sony's the only big publisher left who's still invested in those games at this point. Everyone else has pretty much made their position on the matter very clear.

What about Nintendo?

Nintendo doesn't really make AAA games, most of their stuff is more in line with Indies in terms of production values. On top of that they don't really make games with stories barring Zelda, and 1 Zelda game every 5-6 years isn't really enough to make them relevant to this discussion.

They'd be more in line with some other independent dev/publisher teams like CDPR, Ninja Theory, etc. There's really no other publisher who has a list of big budget single player games coming out over the next couple years like Sony does with games like God of War, Days Gone, Detroit, Spiderman, Death Stranding, Last of Us 2, etc.

What have you been smoking

Which part of my post do you have an issue with? Point it out and present a counter-argument, stop with the childish insults.

The part about not making AAA games.
If Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Oddysey aren't AAA then I don't know what is.
P.s. What have you been smoking

I did say Zelda was the exception, point is Nintendo putting out a AAA game once every half a decade isn't enough to call them a "Big AAA Publisher", They need to be putting out atleast 1 game on that scale every year to be relevant in this discussion. I'm not trying to bash Nintendo here, you just need to comprehend the context of the discussion that's being had, rather than jumping to defend a company you love when they're not even being attacked.
Square Enix is someone I would name before Nintendo in this discussion. And Bethesda as well. Although they've both expressed their plans to go more a in the games as a service model in the future as well.

And who made that one year rule? You? Lol
Nintendo takes long to release games because they actually finish and polish them before letting them out the door.
Your perception of AAA development is completely skewed.
It has nothing to do with the amount of time it takes.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 month ago#49
I wouldn't exactly call Nintendo a AAA Dev. Selling niche games to a niche market using ideas that are taken from a decade of other games does not make you Triple A.

Dont get me wrong, Breath of the Wild is a fantastic game and I enjoy it immensely
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: jedirood

jedirood
1 month ago#50
skribblz posted...
http://i.imgur.com/sZJ9oMo.jpg

I really miss Pandemic
''Death? Explain.''
''Devotion inspires bravery. Bravery inspires sacrifice. Sacrifice leads to death. So feel free to kill yourself.'' - Ghaul and The Speaker
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. EA Shuts Down Visceral Games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived